Veiftech - DIY upgraded Leiftech V2

Nailed most of the dimensions down using the above method. Have sent the files off for production I guess, hope they can do some checking of their own to make sure they function. High hopes!

Next thing in progress in this project is buying a used summerboard wheel to get those dimensions and design my custom hanger and motor mounts for wide centers.

Possibly an entire summerboard, dead or alive

1 Like

I did not notice these files

the extra looking holes are the locations of the 4 sets of 3 brushes

oh I forgot to import the brush PCB model.

1 Like

should have started the print already

14 hours at 20%

1 Like

Warping messes it up a little it seems.

Might fit on still

1 Like

Mmmmhhhhhmmmm

What could be possible to test with this
:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beryllium_copper

also known as copper beryllium (CuBe ), beryllium bronze and spring copper

spring copper, could have thought of that one

High Electrical Conductivity

Beryllium Copper Strip

• The electrical conductivity of beryllium copper ranges from 16 to 65% IACS, depending on alloy and temper.
  • Beryllium copper is the material of choice for high current density springs requiring low heat generation, due to the alloy’s combination of high electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity, and strength.
3 Likes

Duuuuude I’ve been looking for those files for 1 year and a half !! And I ended designing it myself ! And I’m part of this group for a while now
Jeez man

1 Like

I do kinda remember knowing that people had made custom separate covers for the v2 I was only planning on modifying the stock ones but now I can print stuff to try out at least.

I was too lazy to take apart the v2 so I starstarted by getting the profile for this 83cm Freebord deck

hard to see but this is nearly there

Then I can try the 2-part case

How did you do that ? Trial and error or you have a technique ?

1 Like

I wasted all that filament on the full print then realized I needed to tune in small sections, just trial and error to this point. Prob did about 7 revisions so far and it is close enough to work but not perfect.

1 Like

Which side has the steeper concave? The heelside when riding regular?

1 Like

uhh it’s a freebord so you can just switch the bindings around, but the edge/side of the deck with the freebord logo on it has the steeper so that makes sense to me.

1 Like

Top side, bottom is all logo lol

1 Like

@b264

1 Like

never ridden leif v1 for $315 shipped before the snipe.

1 Like

1 Like

Did you get it?

1 Like

yep…

the final price after tax and shipping was almost $350 but the v2 cost me $400

I will investigate any differences besides the wheels and eventually get them both upgraded with freebord 5X parts. Getting a summerboard later will really complete this set.

I have this idea for a durable underboard battery that you could boardslide on.

4 Likes

did freebord agree to send you 5X? ive been trying to get them to sell me a set with no luck.

1 Like