Veiftech - DIY upgraded Leiftech V2

I found my wheel axle!!!

I was wondering if a motor axle would be a good place to find a 8mm keyed shaft already close to the right length and wow a TB6355 motor hit it ON THE DOT!

I am super happy with that.

I can’t find replacement shafts for a flipsky motor but I could prob contact them to buy them, or this could be an option: 83mm long vs 89mm

2 Likes

you know, that shot :

make me think that indeed, the center wheels do not tilt if the pivoting device is made well enough
2 Likes

This part is stuck on the inner bearing.

Your design seems complicate.
My idea was simple: having the original parts cut and welded back at largest position on the plate (both side of course).

I think it won’t be very expensive.
Of couse, there is still the need to figure out how to fix the wheel, we can go the same way as Nowin (e-toxx) offered to fit Freebord centerwheel on Leiftech.

2 Likes

You’ve made some nice progress, you made some great models I love it

Nice to see you here @PaleRider :wink:

1 Like

Bring it into a shop they can get that unstuck.

The goal is for my design was more than to replace the old components. But I think you did an excellent job at that on your board!

You could maybe share your 3D models with us?

@alexincorsica nice find with that video!! Glad you understand what I was talking about.

I switched to the universal motor bolt X thing for 25mm and 30mm bolt pattern motors, and added the BN idler. I realize now I could use an M4 bolt and a metal sleeve on the bolt to fit the 6mm id bearing of the idler, instead of an 80mm long m6 bolt

trying to show the wheel/motor clearance to this cross bolt/idler.

3 Likes

Accidentally put the idler on the right side

Nice!

2 Likes

Guys, I wish you’ll find the ultimate upade for this board.

No more Freeboard for me: I had a very bad Freebord accident with multiple fractures on my left ankle last friday.
For the moment I don’t plan to going back ever on this machine, but how knows…

Anyway I’ll follow your progress here, it is still interest me.
Take care, and remember: even with the full protection package you can get badly injured.

2 Likes

No way man !!
How bad is it ? You caught and edge ?
J’espère que ca va… Tu en as pour combien de temps de rétablissement ?

1 Like

Nothing crazy, on the contrary.
End of battery, last turn at slow sleep ( because of people) I had to bail out and I had a bad landing (I don’t know if I landed on the ground or on the moving board).
Twisted the ankle to the max and I broke all the ankle bones + tibia.
3hrs surgery and continuous pain since (I hope I didn’t catch covid at the hospital).
I musn’t lay the foot on the ground for at least for 6 weeks.

I guess it’s the perfect time to watch the movie Misery ::

2 Likes

You get better and we can do some belly-freeboarding, but best wishes for recovery I’m sure you are strong!

Thanks.
I might be strong, but I’m gonna be 50 years old end of this year. :wink:

Keep up the good work and sorry for the off-topic.

2 Likes

wow that certainly makes you one of the older members of the forum, much respect to you my friend!

I am just waiting to get the 3D printer fired up then I can check my dimensions on the leiftech v2 parts!

1 Like

I thought I had got this off before but apparently not because it is quite stuck.
Hmm I will see if there is advice on this out there.

1 Like

Now I just need to tear this down all the way and refine the important dimensions and curves

1 Like

solving this by designing my own 3d printed bearing because buying one would be too complicated.

I don’t have any BBs so ball bearings from 608 bearings will have to do

1 Like

Apparently it just needed me to waste like a whole day then It’ll come right off

2 Likes

Super glad I tried this out tho! Impressed is the least I could say, I damn near want to stand on this thing.

3 Likes

:grimacing:

2 Likes

Didn’t make sense to buy one when the rest of it is printed!

I should made a 5045 model motor for fun too, I still have to get the pulley models accurate but then it should look pretty damn done.

I need green filament for the PCB.