variESC Tool [SRO]

I had the same problem on the correct version.

It was because the remote was already on.

I canceled it, turned off the remote and tried again. That worked.

5 Likes

Wait, what :question:

Which remote?

2 Likes

at that time it was either vx1 or the mini. Not sure anymore as i’m constantly switching hardware around to solve my other problem.

3 Likes

i had the same problem setting up my friend’s board, had the vx1 connected to the receiver, the esc will yell the old firmware or different firmware on two esc crap.
reboot and don’t let remote connect? solved it

1 Like

Yup. For me just turning off the remote and opening the input wizard again does it.

2 Likes

that would have probably also solved my issue, but my first go-to respond is always reboot the shit first :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey Brian @b264 I am going to be making a video on the MakerX DV6 and configuring it on camera.

I currently run vesc tool 3.62 firmware on my Go-Foc retro, and I have zero problems with it. In interest of not changing too much about my setup at once, I was wondering if Vari-ESC tool has the 3.62 firmware available in it.

If not, is it only 5.1 firmware available on the variESC tool?

I don’t think I would have any problems showing Vesc Tool on camera, specifically the version that holds the 3.62 firmware… But idk. I didn’t follow what happened to @Lee_Wright when his video got taken down because of Vesc Tool

5 Likes

If I remember right the @Lee_Wright’s issue was that Frank got mad that he called a vesc that didn’t come from trampa a vesc, so I don’t think you should have any issues showing the tool.

Alright that makes sense. I was only planning on referring to it as its actual name.

I would still like to support variESC if it supports that firmware though

1 Like

Use the vesc tool, put a sticky note over the name and write “VariESC tool” on it. Boom Firmware 3.62

/jk

3 Likes

Does the variESC tool support whatever the vesc based esc is in the duo? FW 3.65 was recommended.

1 Like

Why use such old firmware though? Most people buying that ESC are going to want to use the latest stable version anyway, might as well do the review with that; if there are any issues, mention them, so that people know.

3 Likes

Yeah not sure why he recommended that over 5.2 and forward. He couldn’t even find a vesc tool version old enough to support it and I told him to just go with 5.2. All going well now :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

variESC tool has only released version 5.02 at the time of this writing. @b264 was naming the tool release to match the firmware version it ships with. so it only ships with 5.02 [aka 5.2]

It is possible to download any firmware using the tool, [ at least back to some age ] using the custom firmware tab. You have to retrieve a copy of the firmware yourself though. ( dig it out of github TODO link example… )

variESC tool. like newer versions of vsec tool is able to configure firmware versions going back to v3.55

3 Likes

Sooo… I have a few focbox 1.6 or 1.7v I’m going to use in a build. Both of them has Acks firmware 3.01 or 3.03… don’t remember anymore…
Any benefits updating FW to never versions?

If you want to use HFI or any new accessories (last few years) over UART or CAN, then probably.

Otherwise, probably not.

1 Like

Yup screw those sensor wires. Og focbox is 4.12 right?
Thanks for the variesc Brian :+1:

1 Like

Yeah “410” version for OG FOCBOX

1 Like

confoosed

2 Likes

6 Likes