variESC Tool [SRO]

Is it possible?

It’s certainly possible but it’d probably take so much current and future work that it’s way cheaper to buy another ESC with a working sensor port.

And anyway, who needs sensors? HFI is the shit.

1 Like

bzzzzzzzt.

1 Like

disclaimer: some folks with mountainboards and bindings might want sensors

But a properly-tuned HFI is the shit, for real.

3 Likes

actually how does a well tuned HFI motor sound on startup from standstill?

Some of mine are really loud, like this one

(the shitty worn-out bearing clicking noise is not HFI)

But some are a lot more quiet, like the one I just tuned. I can take a video if you want

4 Likes

only do that when u have time, im bout to go to bed. but would be great to get some comparsion to know how much more i can quiet it down, even if only by a little bit

My biggest gripe with HFI is not being able to know for sure that the throttle will move me. I exclusively ride in a densely packed City, I need to know that I can get the fuck out as soon as I hit the throttle not a moment later.

5 Likes

It’ll sound like the buzz from a high voltage transformer, except up by a few octaves

3 Likes

I wanted to drop the damn sensors and so just tried HFI on 2x 6384’s but the thing is so loud!

There are horses sometimes passing by, it would cause havoc…

For now I’m sticking with sensors, at least until they work…

The horses here don’t seem to mind the HFI noise at all. Dogs, on the other hand, don’t like the motor noise at all, whether HFI is on or not doesn’t seem to matter.

1 Like

:grinning:
That’s interesting cause I do know horses also don’t like motor noise at all so perhaps hfi wouldn’t make things much horse as with your dogs.

Shouldn’t you be sleeping? :astonished:

1 Like

I’m mostly nocturnal

5 Likes

I downloaded the latest 5.02 release for Linux. However when I unzip and try to run the application, nothing happens. I’m running Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS. Any tips?

Might need to give it permission to execute first

2 Likes

Figured it out. Program was excutable, but I had to reinstall libsdl2

sudo apt install libsdl2-dev

For those who are interested

3 Likes

hmm, wonder if distributing as an appimage would be useful.

1 Like

@b264 @fessyfoo
Brilliant. Thanks to the pair of you.

4 Likes

added to readme

1 Like

Am I right in thinking there’s no bin for the Ubox so I can run this version?