Valkyrie | Raptor 2.2 | 10s4p 30Q | Modified R-Spec Hub Drive | Unity

Ok you got my attention. And no I am in Florida.

This thread is a thing of beauty. Thanks for sharing @BluPenguin. Fucking legend.

Have you monitored the new temps with your “cooling” mods yet? Better? Or not by much.

Would like to know to

I’ll move this into a PM with you guys.

1 Like

Amazing rebuild I love the background info and engineering I have a cRaptor 2.0 and one day I will put lipstick on that pig. There was love in the design and also greed. I don’t think I will keep the hubs I might swap them for DOT hubs same factory much better design.

1 Like

has anyone ever found the soruce of these Braided Sleeves?

They are coated in somesorta polymer that gives it both water and abrasive reistance- it just needs another nylon braided sleeve addtional to b perfect.

1 Like

Best I could find was this Acyrilic coated, which looks similar (bloody expensive)

But there are a few options. - Are there clear advantages to using either the Older Raptor 2 Silicone insultated flexy Phase wires, VS the Small stiff Phase wires shown in above photo?

https://www.cabletiesandmore.com/acrylic-electrical-insulation-sleeving

Then Aagain on the same website - Ive found another Sleeve fiberglass coated which looks similar as well.

1 Like

These worked great for the outter bearing - the inside bearing truck facing also needs one if i can figure out the size

After reading this thread a 2nd time, I want to know if everything turned out like you wanted to. Does your Valkyrie still work?

Incredible, I’m going to make some of these mods, some I’ve already made to address failures.

What are the replacement bearings?

Good to hear!, Ive done the mods plus some other versions of the hubs now and must admit they are flawless.

Bearings ordered, one of the shim sizes ordered, any tips on the other shim? I’ll try calling a bearing company to scope the size. Coating the coils will be interesting. Another topic is do I cover the air-holes in the motors with mesh to prevent ingress of debris (eg. small rock) that’d cause damage inside and how to encourage the air flow, I’m thinking angle the holes in the urethane for in/out.

In all fairness, Depending on what you have, (there are like 6 versions of the raptor).

The above might be overkill.

Those with Severe Thermal throttling (once correct firmware is flashed etc) settings configured for HUBS not belts etc etc if still then thermal throttleing, Best upgrade you can do for cheap is actually improving the phasewires/and making the connectors larger (5.5mm) this way the heat is better managed.

(also if something were to disconnect or melt it wont be on the motor.)

1 Like

Wow amazing , I have a 2.0 raptor I feel like they had the better motors never had any overheating problems just everything else problems

1 Like

@BluPenguin do you remember what kind/size bearings the motors use? I’m intending to swap my bearings out for new ones soon as they’ve started crunching a lil’ bit, but I want to have the bearings ready before I open it up :slight_smile: Also, does this job require any special tools to do?

2 Likes

Great post!

I wondering result of those high tech thermal holes. Is there any debris coming into them? Thinking to do the same with mine, so would appreciate you sharing your experience)