Valkyrie | Raptor 2.2 | 10s4p 30Q | Modified R-Spec Hub Drive | Unity

Inside larger bearing is size 6805, rubber seal so -2RS or -LLB

2 Likes

Thank you very much! and you have the info for the smaller one?

I think 6902 but I’ll double check later today :joy:

2 Likes

Just thinking out loud, but wouldn’t it be better to fix the space issue on the outer bearing with tight washers then the spring ones? I’ve seen many where they loose tension or even get grinded out to the outside.
Nice to see your progress. Keep it up

2 Likes

Yup! I bought some precision washer to fill it. Well seen :wink:

2 Likes

Please share the size you used. :slight_smile:

Why the name?

1 Like

Do you really want to know… :joy: It is part of the building of my Overwatch themed fleet. Mercy can resurrect players, which I thought was fitting for what I’m trying to do here. Valkyrie is Mercy’s power suit. Eventually this will end with a white/gold theme too.

3 Likes

Got a link for that?

1 Like

MG chemicals #4228

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008OA7DDK/

3 Likes

M20x28x0.3

1 Like

Got a link to these BluPenguin? “Throwing in a set of new bearings, got some nice Enduro cartridges on hand”

Looking for Great replacement bearings for 3 sets of Raptor Motors Silver 15mm Axel

1 Like

They’re 6805 inside and 6902 outside. Can find them online through various sources, or I have a wholesale account with Enduro I can sell to you direct.

1 Like

Would be interested in a quote for 4 -5 Sets of bearings

Sent ya a PM

Ok the more I hang out here to more I get the materia. I used to work for TAW Inc. Tampa Armature Works. We used 4228 on 10 post generator rotors. For bigger motors (2000hp) we used a VPI (Vacuum Pressure Impregnation)chamber an a different chemical. This process helps to suck the chemical into the smallest cracks. Those motors we did that on where usually in harsh environments… Wonder now if this would seal the windings complete from moisture. I think I have to visit them and talk to my buddy… He is the head electronic engineer to gather the details… Unless @BluPenguin knows.

Btw did you ever considered a bell cap adapter to mount other wheels to the motor… I mean the wheels gonna stick out like crazy then but you could run a more open design.

2 Likes

Some people here do it by vacuuming epoxy through the stator and magnets, call it battle hardening. Can find a lot of different methods if you search for that.

As far as the adapter, I think it will put too much stress on the axle and bearings to last long, but still need access to a lathe to make one anyway. Some people considered that route as “direct” drive. Don’t think these motors are constructed well enough for that to pan out.

So I am safe to say that the focbox is just like a VFD. As you remembered e boards are new land electronics are not. I had to deal with shitty weg drives past 2 years, and my beloved Danfoss drives. I didn’t even dived into the details for the focbox yet. Hope I get the Doug for the batteries together next month so I can tackle the next issues… Where the F to get Outwheels

How it’s your board…?

I don’t know how I get new wheels…Soo I don’t know if someone is making new once… Do we need to opt to different motors?

Plenty of wheels around/ better enclosure screws are advisable too.

If your EU based, I can help you on the wheel side.