V1Wheel little FOCer 24S VESC onewheel upgrades SHREDWHEEL

P26a are the only 18650 cells that are really good for a 20S2P I would say.

Speaking of I want to try to make a battery box with swappable packs.

The footpad would flip out of the way and then you could pop the battery out. Or maybe there would be an access hatch in the footpad as well. Who knows.

2 Likes

Someone asked me to check the fit of 18S2P 21700 in the stock XR case as they thought it might work.

They were right it could be possible, but only with 21mm cells or less without modifying the lid and spacing the footpad.

1 Like

There’s a guy on Facebook in the Onewheel Vesc Builders group that is working on an injection molded battery box that will hold 19S2P 21700, are you aware of that? Might save us all quite a bit of work.

1 Like

oh well shit I gotta see that!

In that last pic I posted I was not taking advantage of the lid space so 21700 cells can actually fit like in
In the stock XR battery case

Only issue being it is too long overall, so there would need to be some mods to the case to make this work.

oh I have a feeling these will fit good

2 Likes

That printed part was a battery case that failed and now I am just gonna use it as a test frame. Eh. Should work.

8 up front and 16 in the rear

4 Likes

The blue battery above was just for show. That pack is super rekt.

Anyways this is a thing now

Each positive wire has a male bullet and the negative a female.

I almost made Balance wires for each but now for this amount of testing it should be ok, easy to add later

I think you could make a custom rear footpad with concave and then hide the extra clearance height needed for putting the 8 cells on top of the rear pack. instead of in the front box.

fitting a 24S1P A123 into the stock case dimensions mostly would be super awesome

5 Likes

ok. more on the creative battery train.

Got thinking about 5S lipos because you could make both stock V 15S and higher V 20S packs with them, some people might want to do that.

On a whim picked this 10Ah tattu

Doing battery upgrades and staying at 15S makes sense for people who will have hacked OW hardware and aren’t interested in more speed or have a ton of xr chargers or something.

Damn three of them fit snug as a bug in the crucial width dimension. WIth extended rails and or a less space wasteful bumper with its own light solution the part poking out the bottom edge would be no problem.

This leads to this

740Wh, at 14 wh/km that is 50km/30mi

3 Likes

during detection this thing gets a fault, does a jackhammer move and still somehow gets a ok result :laughing:

this stuff is magic man

4 Likes

μH should not be zero.

2 Likes

yolo. Although I did the non-wizard I and R detection after that and it works fine

I’d rather just outright guess and type a number like 6 in there or something — before I used 0.00μH.

But IDK :man_shrugging:

The best balance app tuning advice seems to be in the Funwheel discord.

1 Like

I talked about this a long time ago with someone who mods OWs and he said that the V1 hub is build different than normal BLDC motors. It has multiple stators that are slightly shiftet in relation to each other. He also said that they dont work good with vesc.

7 Likes

Have you tried 5.2 firmware?

1 Like

If you search I have been talking about that for like a year.

where there is a will there will be a way

4 Likes

Nope just messing around with Vtool 3

now on the beta 5.03, dang I like the dark theme.

I got it “balancing” AKA jittering instead of balancing and always jetting off one direction.

1 Like

Update.

it doin rides

7 Likes

did anyone say 4680 cells in a OW frame? we’re talking years out here

looks like 18S plus a focer.
Tesla 4680 :baby_chick:

4 Likes

Oh I wanted to ask if it is stupid to try turning on HFI? for shits the gigs if anything.

Torque really seems to be fine at the moment actually.

3 Likes

I encourage trying HFI and I’d love to hear details about your experience. But, I doubt it will work well for this.

5 Likes