USB-C for charging

2 Likes

When will I be able to charge my packs by putting them in the microwave?

4 Likes

There are even faster qi chargers. The one google uses for the 6 pro does 22w I believe

You will definitely be putting energy into them

1 Like

now, i suppose there’s nothing stopping you

You’ll need one of these.

1 Like

I thought I was looking at a toilet seat for a moment. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

this is where I wirelessly discharge

5 Likes

There are Qi-capable chargers available at above 15W but do they do Qi-compliant charging at that level or are the higher power levels a different charging standard? @Evwan

3 Likes

you make a very good point here, seems they arent officially under the qi spec

2 Likes

I know oppo’s vooc and superVOOC are out of spec from Qi, the wired version is even OOS from usb-c

1 Like

Hear me out

plus

1 Like

You joke, but I’ve tried it. The jump packs have too much protection circuitry to provide output for more than a minute or so, plus the 10ah is at 3.7v (marketing bs) so only ~37wh

2 Likes

Damn, I wonder if that could be bypassed. If I tried this it I would take everything apart and only use whats absolutely necessary

Yeah you could probably connect something directly to the lipos inside, but it would barely add an 8% charge to a 12s3p 30q pack.

1 Like

Well Id wire the boost converter to the lipo. As the device tries to charge the little lipo, it would be supplying roughly 12v to the boost going to 50.4v

Something else doesn’t seem right…
They say 10Ah with 37Wh @ 3.7V. But it’s a 12V jump pack, probably 3S LiPo or perhaps 4S LFP. If it’s 10Ah that could be the three cells added up (a classic China move) or if 37Wh then the capacity is also about 3.3Ah. :thinking:

Pretty big though so maybe three 10Ah cells anyway and they just have no idea what cell specs are (also very common)?

1 Like

Agreed, I think it’s 3x 3.3ah cells since input voltage is 15v, but since there is probably a step down converter to charge with USB they are using the “equivalent” Ah rating like if you had a regular USB battery pack. It’s confusing marketing for sure.

Also that boost converter is huge, seems like a lot of space for only a little bit of charge

1 Like

If that is a 3S, 12.6V pack then it’s going to drop down to below the 12V min input for that boost converter. Even if at a solid 12V the entire time that is at the edge of what the converter can boost and going up to 50V is a huge boost which is harder to do, creates a lot of heat, and makes inexpensive supplies like those unstable.

Unfortunately I don’t think you’ll get anywhere near 600W before the converter shuts down from the heat, instability, or low input voltage.

1 Like

Damn, so my bullshit plan isnt gonna work :astonished: :astonished:

Its so interesting how difficult of a task it is to charge a board from USB C lol

2 Likes