USA - Los Angeles - (CLOSED) Metro Board 155 tires Group Buy

idk yet. no. maybe.

maybe maybe.

They get sent to me. i’m hoping to deliver in person to at meetups to everyone except @ZachTetra (and one another non forum person). they’ll need to pay extra shipping.

I’ll be at intro to speed on sundays and hopefully other events in LAESK8 / LA.

we can arrange something else if that don’t work.

1 Like

let’s go sk8 the banks when they get here…

2 Likes

Come down to OC ride with us @ahrav @scrubski @Jansen @Arzamenable @BluPenguin from time to time. Trying to set up rides every weekend.

Speaking of. @Arzamenable you ready to roll?

6 Likes

Shreddin this weekend :call_me_hand::call_me_hand::penguin::beverage_box:

1 Like

Metro says “we are a bit low in qty right now, so you may need to wait a few weeks till we get our new batch in stock”. hmm.

I’ve asked them if they can split the order into now and later. will update you all.

and waiting on shipping quote now.

3 Likes

I guess reopen the GB for a while? Get a few more orders in?

not sure about that. I have enough orders for my poor little brain to manage. and I’m paying up front so absorbing the risk.

2 Likes

Fess If it helps ya out and you end up splitting the order, I don’t mine falling back into the second delivery group… I gots enuff tires for at least a few weeks… hahahaha

1 Like

cool. yeah several people I see a lot ordered multiple sets. I was hoping I could dip second batch on them.

but I’m just waiting on response… he was so rapidly responding previously. now i’m conditioned. I can’t handle the smallest delay.

also. I need tires now. :).

1 Like

I’ve been domestic. No rolling boards ATM. Sorry dudes and Jason.

5 Likes

all right. A little bad news.

They’ve confirmed we need to wait 2-3 weeks for the next shipment. and They say they can’t ship any portion early [ any existing tires being reserved for their production board orders.]

Sorry if this bums anyone out as much as me. I let most of my tires run down to nothing trying to get a deal or figure out what I was gonna get next

will still be a decent deal in the end I believe.

When I get confirmation they can ship again I’ll reconfirm everyone still wants to be in.

EDIT: 2-3 weeks :smiley:

6 Likes

10 days done of a 21 day pause. :). waiting. waiting.

found the end of another tire today.

add that to the other two last week:

got a fleet of mighty fine racing slicks.

2 Likes

What tires are you burning through so fast?

Fast is relative. the shortcourse riding I’ve been doing each weekend. (cones in a parking lot) wears things down pretty quick.

I ate through torque board tires the fastest. evolve 7" also fast. the other two pictured are metroboard 155s and kenda 909s both of which lasted decently. the kendas the longest. I actually have those replaced already.

in the small tires dept. I’m wearing the remainders off of evolve 6"/150mm TB 160mm and metroboard 155mm. trying to hold out for this metroboard order. IE the ones I put aside as dead previously. :smiley:

3 Likes

So the MB tires are holding up relatively well?

I think so. but like I said the increase in shortcourse racing practice really makes it hard to estimate. it’s not science. just feel.

2 Likes

Good enough for me…I usually have a pretty chill ride style. My bergs look barely used after 500 miles lol

1 Like

Have you gotten any update on when the tires are coming in. Did you get final price?

1 Like

As of today, Metroboard is:

Still waiting for a shipment date from our supplier

was originally asked to wait 3 weeks. we’ve waited about 1.5w.

price is $99 - $20.00 discount + share of shipping to me. stock shipping is $17.00 flat rate. my expectation is to be under that because we’re delivering to one location.

I don’t have actual shipping estimate till the deal moves further.

3 Likes

I wonder why they said that as I deadass placed an order in a few weeks ago for 2 sets of tires and they shipped those no issue. They fucked my order up though and gave me 2 complete sets of tires + hubs which was pretty neat.

2 Likes