USA - Los Angeles - (CLOSED) Metro Board 155 tires Group Buy

I’ve been offered 15% to 20% discount on metroboard 155mm tires.

I’m going to order a few sets, and have several others going in too. If you’re in the LA area and you want to help push us to the 20% mark, please fill out the form below.

https://forms.gle/XGE9z6tS9qvEn3Jx6

My plan is @ahrav style I will just front the order. and you can pay when I get the tires to you.

I would consider shipping but that cost will cut into most of the discount, and the rest will be wasted on volunteering my packing time for you. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sign me up. Can we get spare tubes? Or not really?

Or it uses 7/8 inch tires tubes just fine?

1 Like

Not from LA, but I was just looking into potentially getting a set with their hubs and a spare set of tires.

1 Like

Idk. I can ask.

buy an extra set. then when you finish with the first set you’ll have spare tubes. :slight_smile:

I’ve tried to cram some 7 1/4" tubes in them. it’s not nice. I wouldn’t use 8" tubes.

1 Like

want to keep this simple. is just going to be tires. and the discount is pretty close to just a shipping discount because all going to the same place.

2 Likes

Can someone clarify why the Metro Board 155s are better? Are they not the same as the Sunmate 155s and the other 8x2 compatible rim 155s on AliExpress?

If these are the same as the sunmates I’ll be upset. :slight_smile: and @Accrobrandon can laugh at me.

my understanding is 8x2 means smaller hubs like the aliexpress wheels haggies and 6 shooters. so pretty sure those are very different

these fit on trampa/mbs/etc size hubs.

They are better because they feel awesome. great traction on short course and very comfortable rolling ride. ( they may cut into range for both those reasons. )

5 Likes

Part of me is very seriously considering combining the hybrid board and MTB boards into one…longboard decks and trucks, 155mm tires and Rockstar II rims, beefy ass electronics…fuck I’m torn

1 Like

@ahrav

1 Like

Doood… I have 3 sets :pensive: but if for any reason we on the edge of moar discounts I can hop in.

I will
Say they are the best pneumatics I have tried by sizable margin :call_me_hand::beers:
Solid stuffzzz…

2 Likes

Do etttt :eyes:
Don be scuuuuurd …
Iz
Gunna be fine :test_tube::beverage_box:

1 Like

These are FARRRR better than sunmates :joy::joy:

3 Likes

So do I keep the bindings and top mount the batteries or do I have it build like a normal longboard?

@fessyfoo how long will the GB be available and would you be willing to ship to the East Coast?

1 Like

My answer for now will always be uhhh biased… and say longboard fukkkkk top mount stuffz… then again das just me…

I prefer the look and feel of a longboard especially if yee
Not tearing up trails n stuffz :beverage_box::beverage_box::beers:

That’s the thing, it would involve selling off my MTB so if I was to tear up more trails I would be using this board…maybe I put inserts in the deck and have the bindings removeable?

1 Like

This I can stand behind :100::eyes:

1 Like

Aight, someone got some M6 inserts hanging around?

1 Like

Until I we hit the 20% threshold. ( need 7 more sets ATM I think. ) or a few days. I want to get this order in and done if possible.

I don’t know if it ends up being worth it to ship… but… for you. sure. :). as long as I’m not doing a ton of shipping.

3 Likes

Awesome, I need to sell some parts because I literally don’t have $100 on me for this…Tuesday maybe?

1 Like

sure. the only risk is I have extras… which is fine.

3 Likes