USA - Los Angeles - (CLOSED) Metro Board 155 tires Group Buy

tires and tubes right. Just double checking. Might be in for two sets

tires and tubes yes.

2 Likes

Signed up for 2 sets. Heard positive things on this tires. Looking forward to trying them out.

3 Likes

I’m in for two sets. Hopefully he doesn’t try to price gouge you on the shipping and handling

2 Likes

What hubs are you guys using these on? Anything budget work on 8mm axles?

1 Like

Trampa superstars will werkkkkk… or metro hubs obvi … or megastars or uhh 3ds hubs. Any I wanna 3.75in hub should work :penguin:

2 Likes

Superstars like @ahrav said or mbs are probably 2 most common options. Use some 638 bearings to make it work (need extended axles)

2 Likes

Any better source for the bearings then this?
https://www.amazon.com/XiKe-Pre-Lubricated-Performance-Effective-Bearings/dp/B085MX5FX9/ref=sr_1_8?dchild=1&keywords=638-2RS+8x28x9&qid=1596431998&rnid=19346684011&sr=8-8

1 Like

It might be cheaper here

And I think these work too not sure which is better tbh

Or for that matter what is the best for this situation… curious as well :face_with_monocle::brain:

2 Likes

IDK I just got these

Figured quality doesn’t matter as much since they’re already so much bigger than 608 bearings. Doing good for couple hundred miles

1 Like

I myself wouldn’t use ZZ bearings for wheels…

and bigger bearings are better than small bearings with a shim

2 Likes

Okay cool, I think it’s the same type as the Amazon one, I’ll try these if Amazon runs out I guess?

1 Like

:beers::call_me_hand:
Thankz for MoAR wisdom… if I see any ZZ bearings in my possession they shall be reduced to paper weights :volcano: :doughnut:

1 Like

I’m still fiddy-fiddy on accessible motor bearings ZZ vs. RS

a ZZ bearing will more easily accept additional lube if you don’t flush dirt and shit in the bearings when you lube them…

1 Like

What would you fill a 2RS with? I’ve been sold WD-40 is the wrong answer

Edit: also KY jelly, apparently that’s wrong too

2 Likes

Ima guess uhhh bearing oil :joy::eyes: but I wouldn’t take me serious cuz I’m a guin…
:penguin::eyes::beers:

2 Likes

WD-40 displaces the existing lube

on an RS bearing you should pop up the seal… this is particularly difficult on some motor/bearing combos
a ZZ bearing (shielded) will allow i highly viscous wicking lube in…

I use a motorcycle chain lube made for O-ring chains, the propellant allows penetration, but once that has evaporated you have a long-lasting durable, non-fling lube left in the bearing

put WD or sewing machine oil and it will all be spun out pretty quickly

2 Likes

I don’t trust me enufff not to fukkk it to high hell n bak :test_tube::beverage_box:

Stickin to 2RS… :call_me_hand::beers:

1 Like

Tis very specific :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

ok how about light-weight-machine-oil

I’m old… I’ve tried everything

3 Likes