[US] WTB: Lacroix Jaws but quieter

First post so let me know if this is in the wrong place or anything is missing.

Looking for a board that is all terrain, a great carver, super reliable, quiet, and under $3K.

The Lacroix Jaws sounds perfect. Except for the part about the noise.

@Kaly’s XL 2.0 also looks great and have read it is reasonably quiet. But it is sold out.

In the Seattle area - Redmond.

1 Like

You could try dropping @Kaly a mail to see if he has any to drop onto the website?

Why the hell would you name yourself @Crash if you want a quieter board lol

5 Likes

Lucky you I live in seattle and make all different setups for the riders wants and needs. I haven’t commented in awhile on the forum but saw you are in my area. We seattle-eastside riders need to represent. Lol
I’ll post a couple boards I made this last month
insta @whatsnextadam
You can come ride with us when ever
https://www.facebook.com/outlawelectrics/#
https://photos.app.goo.gl/1zyAuCzUgDrQpe2o8

5 Likes

Quiet all terrain board huh :thinking:

On som serious notes.
You need to contact @Kaly on Instagram. I think he’s shipping within a week or 2 One thing thou. A 2.0 kaly ain’t gonna be super quiet

2 Likes

This confuses me. Why do you think it’s louder than any other FOC belt drive board?

5 Likes

Good point. Jaws come with standard 6374s not 6389s witch could be A bit louder

2 Likes

This is from the Lacroix Jaws review above

The motors sound like a mini F1 car. They’re LOUD, especially on accelerations and high speed. I do wish they were quieter so I can focus more on my surroundings instead of the sound… but that’s just me. I think they’re the loudest motors I’ve ever heard, compared to like EUCs, scooters, typical eskates, etc. I do wish there was a way to lower their sound a bit? But not sure how that’s possible.

tl;dr it’s loud. Sounds like an F1 race car.

given the posters tone, it comes across like the typical comparison of belts vs hub motor noise, doesn’t it?

3 Likes

I thought the 6389s were the ones that made a racket? It sounds like a straight cut spur drive from the videos ive seen

3 Likes

Could be. I’ve been trying to find someone who has the Jaws in the Seattle area but no luck.

I have read that @Kaly drives are quite a bit quieter than typical belt drives. Not true?

Thts exactly what I meant to say. 6396s just a tiny bit louder than sealed 6374s

Quieter than other drives maybe. Idk about being less noisy than belt drives thou

Soon™ we will have gear drives for the Hypertrucks, it will be quiet :grin:

4 Likes

Shhh :shushing_face:

3 Likes

giphy-23

4 Likes

Y’all should work for the government based on how many secrets have been spilled

7 Likes

You shut up.

We don’t know nothin’

4 Likes

All I know is that gear drives are louder than belts drives So if you you want quiet get belts if you want super quiet get an mbs mountain board and quick push. It doesn’t get any quieter than that :rofl:

1 Like

Having ridden all these boards complaining about the noise seems absolutely ridiculous. The speeds at which it gets remotely noisey is like 20 mph plus. The wind noise dominates. I don’t find the noise to be intrusive whatsoever. I feel like this is a case of people looking for something to complain about. Honestly a good sign that the biggest complaint is that. Have rode a kaly and LaCroix, never noticed a big difference in noise.

12 Likes