[US] WTB: Lacroix Jaws but quieter

Right on the FUPA :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I know they arenā€™t in the same class as the Kaly or Lacroixā€¦ but what about the Ranger X2 (or the upcoming X3) with hubs?

Or the @BOUNDMOTOR D3 with direct drive? Although the D3 isnā€™t all terrain - maybe change out the wheels?

Honestly this is the most dramatic thing Iā€™ve heard. Have people heard an F1? If you want an underperforming Chinese board just buy one. This forum wasted far too much time trying to talk people out of purchasing these. They arenā€™t worth mentioning in the same thread.

6 Likes

Thanks @Deodand - that is great to hear. And was definitely not leaning toward the X2 or D3.

So now I wish I could check out these boards in the Seattle area before dropping that much cash.

Yeah definitely get a test ride in to make sure itā€™s something you want. Itā€™s a big financial commitment and you donā€™t want to have any regrets. Try and get a ride on a kaly as well, they are more different than youā€™d expect and both extremely fun.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for all the input. So I think it is down to choosing between the Lacroix Jaws and the Kaly XL2.0 (if I can get one).

Based on the suggestions here from @CiscoV and @BigBen I reached out to @Kaly to see if he will have any in stock and asked if there was anyone out here that might have one I can check out. Iā€™ll do the same on the Jaws.

1 Like

Yeah the nazare isnā€™t too far off in terms of ride/noise if thatā€™s all you can find. The jaws has a bit less power and less range (maybe slightly more squirrelly with the narrower matrix 2s) but can get a good idea of ride feel still.

1 Like

Okay - good to know.

1 Like

Bingo.

1 Like

If you havenā€™t asked here itā€™s a good spot. Lots of owners to question as well.

4 Likes

Oh and just to be clear I currently work with lacroix, so be aware I have bias. But trying still to provide an unbiased opinion that I donā€™t even notice the noise. Weā€™ve spent nights tearing up roads in sleeping neighborhoods and nobody wakes up or complains.

5 Likes

Man @Deodand is way too deep in Lacroix pockets. You should really be buying a Yuneec E-Go or Meepo. Thatā€™s the pinnacle is eskate tech not the other trash

16 Likes

This

10this

2 Likes

I donā€™t know why he would think they are loud unless he hasnā€™t ridden a lot of belt drive boards. I have a Lonestar with 6396s and they are no louder than that 6374s I have 6in 3 other boards.

1 Like

True story.

5 Likes

I once watched a YouTube video where the guy unboxing was unhappy that his nazare didnā€™t come with the tires fully pumped. Lol

9 Likes