[US] Precision DKP/TKP Trucks

ahh, gotcha. Any plans for wider hanger versions? I like my motors chunky haha

Not sure yet, but the kingpin/pivot setup is identical to Savage TKPs, so his hangers are an option for width

So I rebuilt my Demonseed DKP and put these on there.

I have probably 10 rides on these, but not a ton of miles because most outings were more around 5 miles.

I weigh 215, so probably closer to 225-230 with gear.

My third set up going back to 2017 was an Evolve Bamboo GT.

Since then I have pretty much had some set up running with the Evolve DKP trucks.

I have not tried any other DKP trucks.

I like riding different set ups and I do enjoy the vibe of DKP trucks for slow cruising around the neighborhood and chasing freshies.

I have never really tried to go fast on them.

I expect I never went more than 25 on my old Demonseed.

I had gotten a pretty decent bushings set up going with Riptide for the Evolve trucks so they were better for my weight and manageable at speed.

I have only ridden Thane set ups on DKP.

So I get the Third Demonseed going.

I used Riptide Bushings almost exactly the same as Razillian. With a couple of 93s in there instead of 96s…
And on the Street side I had the @fujio001 MAD Precision washers.

When I left the house I stopped after a few blocks and tightened the Deck side a little bit and I have not felt the need to make any other adjustments.

I have really been loving this board and I really enjoy the trucks.

They are quite different to me from the Evolve trucks.

These are really responsive and the lean is very predictable.

There is kinda of constant feedback as you are turning.

The Evolve trucks could be twitchy and they would drop hard sometimes when turning.

I did get to 25 on the Evolve trucks but didn’t really stay there.

I can get to 25 and hold it steady on these.

They are super playful and Divey at low speeds when you want to really dip, which I expect any DKP is… But yeah.

The carving felt great.
You can turn super tight.
I felt confidence at all speeds.

Hopefully folks can see some ride footage on this link…

8 Likes

I would also guess true 6380s is the wider you can go.

I don’t think you could squeeze 6384s in here.

That’s my style too. Enjoy the carve way more than speed.

2 Likes

Hi

Tomorrow I will be milling a batch of motor mounts for Razillian DKP truck, the mounts will be shipped for anodizing in about 2 weeks, if anyone is interested in ordering let me know.

More on the topic here

3 Likes

I noticed something in this pic. The roadside bushing cup is making contact with the truck. You can see the small silver indent.

3 Likes

I honestly didn’t design for precision cups there, but I can’t see how the boardside would be compressing enough to rub there.

Looking further, with the design, I can’t see that as being a rub. The kingpin is fully extended and it would take the aluminum of the secondary bushing/pivot to bend/compress or the boardside bushing to compress over 1/4" to hit there.

@rafaelinmissouri any ideas as those are yours? Tool marks maybe?

1 Like

@Razillian

I cant begin to describe my disappointment that im stuck on these 13.78" flipsky trucks… ill be watching this just in case you decide to do a wider run set-up to accommodate 84’s :yum:

3 Likes

Well.
First of all @fujio001 talk about an eagle eye.

@Razillian

I do think they must be from the washers.

It’s on both sides on the same spot…

There is no mark on the washer…
It’s the tiniest little rub.
It’s not happening on the Front.

I think there is a decent amount of room to be able to use these cup washers here.

4 Likes

What hanger length? 188 would accommodate those motors. If I sell off the stock I have I might have to just design for @Skyart’s biggest motor and call it a day :grin:

4 Likes

Actually that space is pretty tight. I have a similar issue with a Meepo TKP. You may want to try a flat washer in the most roadside position. If you need more stiffness because of the flat bushing, you could change the most roadside Krank to 96a.

Interesting that you have a 93a in the most boardside position since that usually where you put the stiffest bushing.

4 Likes

I’m ok with it as is.
I expect that would be a small change. But I am digging how it is. And I cant see the slight rubbing doing anything really bad.
I am trying to figure out how to mount a camera to capture how hard I have to leave to have it touch.
I could not get it to just by hand.

That was more of a function of me having those on hand than choice.
But I also figured it would be close enough between 93 and 96 just on that spot. since the shape of those bushings is restrictive too.
On the Evolve trucks I had 96 barrels.

1 Like

Just realized you had answered this question in this forum already, is there any chance i could then buy everything other than the hanger, to replace it with a savage1 hanger?

3 Likes

Yea, I’ll update the main post with individual part prices on Friday.

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks!

In that case, @Savage1 , how much for a set of just hangers, and whats the largest motor size i can throw on there? Any compatibility with BN M1 drives?

3 Likes

I’ve updated the main post with pricing for individual parts as well as some added info re bushing setup.

Awesome, all i need now is a quote from @Savage1 on those hangers haha.

They do work with M1’s after machining some clearance for the motors.
They hangers would include axels. As far a price, I’ll think that over, and get back to you.
By far the bulk of the price for my trucks comes from the hangers, as they are made from one large solid block, lots of waste and machining.

2 Likes

Gotcha, im not too picky so if you have any blem units or test prototypes im open to that too, working on a college student budget and this build is for a capstone engineering project, not a showpiece :joy:

Also, whats the largest motors i can run with the M1’s and hangers

1 Like