[US] 14s8p Custom Kaly w/ Stormcore 100D

Hey,
Sorry to be a pest, I’ve been trying to DM you but I’m not sure if it is getting through.
I live in Manhattan Beach and would like to buy your board.
Thanks,
Ed

4 Likes

Just responded! Sorry I was in class.

2 Likes

You should meet up with @DEEIF he’s the cool kid in Manhattan beach :call_me_hand:

1 Like

That’s you got yourself on that registry @Nacho

I thought you’d have learned your lesson.

3 Likes

I know Ed!

2 Likes

Why 100D only to run at 14s? Wouldn’t it be a better use to use a 60D instead and put the 100D in a 16s+ system?

im not sure about this, maybe a ubox instead?

1 Like

You right, I did a bad math

Well the 60D is only rated for up to 12s (according to Lacroix’s website) and I wanted to be able to give the board a full charge without worrying about over juicing the battery when braking. Plus I thought it would maybe provide some “thermal headroom” since it’s operating at well below the maximum voltage, but who knows. Better safe than sorry. I would have loved to put a Spintend in there for the integrated light feature but I was already pushing the space in that enclosure to the LIMIT, there’s no way it would have fit.

3 Likes

Or you could be a lunatic like this:

3 Likes

He hasn’t responded unfortunately. Rip

4 Likes

The lacroix boys finally caught up with him, turns out he knew the 1 trick that ESC manufacturers didn’t want you to know

6 Likes

It’s actually better not to have a ton of voltage headroom.
Higher voltage ESCs have higher MOSFET resistance, so a 100D would heat up more at 12s compared to 60D.
You have to actually use higher voltage to get ahead.

1 Like

Do share plz

1 Like

He found the secret to 15S on a 12S ESC but unfortunately the mafia found him before he could share :’(

2 Likes

Was it mafia or Illuminati? I can fux with the mafia…

2 Likes

speaking of finding secrets, does someone wanna show me how to run 20S on my flipsky 4.12?

1 Like

yeah you just buy 6 of them, 2 in series at a time and 4 more as backups

4 Likes

Awesome, I already have 2

1 Like

:rofl: