[US] 14s8p Custom Kaly w/ Stormcore 100D

For starters, I’d like thank this community for all of the information it has provided! I quite literally would not have been able to complete this build if it weren’t for the wealth of knowledge that is this forum. I hate that my first post on here is the selling of my board, but life ya know?

Now on to the actual board: $3,000 OBO

The battery was spot welded using a k-weld and the parallel connections were made with 0.2 mm nickel from Duck Battery Systems. The series connections were made using (2) 8 gauge wires. The positive and negative leads are 8 gauge as well.

I’ve only had it built and operational for about a month. I lost my car last year during the thick of the pandemic and decided to build this instead of buying another vehicle since I only go to school and back for the most part. I’ve been using it to commute to and from campus for the past month and between lab supplies and books, I’m definitely going to need a car lol.

Looking to sell this for $3,000.00 OBO. I have no idea how much this thing cost me to make as I stopped keeping track so I wouldn’t be disappointed in myself haha, but I think $3,000 is pretty fair. I’m located in Huntington Beach, CA and I mention that because IDK how shipping something this large would go…even domestically. This bad boy is heavy, so I feel like picking it up or meeting somewhere in SoCal would make more sense but I’m definitely open to suggestions! Please feel free to hit me with any and all questions though! Thanks for looking (:

6 Likes

Who made the battery?

And awesome build :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Thanks man! & I did!

3 Likes

13 Likes

Hey,
Sorry to be a pest, I’ve been trying to DM you but I’m not sure if it is getting through.
I live in Manhattan Beach and would like to buy your board.
Thanks,
Ed

4 Likes

Just responded! Sorry I was in class.

2 Likes

You should meet up with @DEEIF he’s the cool kid in Manhattan beach :call_me_hand:

1 Like

That’s you got yourself on that registry @Nacho

I thought you’d have learned your lesson.

3 Likes

I know Ed!

2 Likes

Why 100D only to run at 14s? Wouldn’t it be a better use to use a 60D instead and put the 100D in a 16s+ system?

im not sure about this, maybe a ubox instead?

1 Like

You right, I did a bad math

Well the 60D is only rated for up to 12s (according to Lacroix’s website) and I wanted to be able to give the board a full charge without worrying about over juicing the battery when braking. Plus I thought it would maybe provide some “thermal headroom” since it’s operating at well below the maximum voltage, but who knows. Better safe than sorry. I would have loved to put a Spintend in there for the integrated light feature but I was already pushing the space in that enclosure to the LIMIT, there’s no way it would have fit.

3 Likes

Or you could be a lunatic like this:

3 Likes

He hasn’t responded unfortunately. Rip

4 Likes

The lacroix boys finally caught up with him, turns out he knew the 1 trick that ESC manufacturers didn’t want you to know

6 Likes

It’s actually better not to have a ton of voltage headroom.
Higher voltage ESCs have higher MOSFET resistance, so a 100D would heat up more at 12s compared to 60D.
You have to actually use higher voltage to get ahead.

1 Like

Do share plz

1 Like

He found the secret to 15S on a 12S ESC but unfortunately the mafia found him before he could share :’(

2 Likes

Was it mafia or Illuminati? I can fux with the mafia…

2 Likes