Urethane wheel compendium

@Razillian and @glyphiks

I’m confused.
you said the FR wirh the smaller contact patch is better for esk8?

I can’t find that. but they have the DH for 57 bucks.

so these will be a smidge smaller and harder than my kegels…
and you guys say they are the jam?!?

do I send it on the DH?

slap on one of my littles that have Kegels on now???

small edit.

ok. I finally see Sick boards has them.

so the smaller contact patch is gonna be 95 bucks vs 57 bucks.

vs the Kegels I already have…

dangit all…

You need the FR because they have the back cut off them to allow you to use a pulley.

The DH ones are too far inset for a pulley to work good

3 Likes

Oh.

it is a functional thing not a preference thing…

I legit cannot get a BN pressfit pulley to work with the wider DH Akasha?

seems it needs an asterisk up there to note that …

I very much doubt it, but i haven’t tried.

1 Like

I added a note for it above.

Just order 2 sets and save yourself some shipping cost. Seeing as AHMYO doesn’t have the FRs listed anymore these might become unobtainium and you can sell the extra set at a profit to Al in six months

1 Like

So the FR is literally just the DH with the backside shaved off? Why not just buy the DH and then cut the backside down yourself?

Correct. Sure, you could do that. I prefer buying things that i don’t have to fuck around with tho.

2 Likes

could maybe pop them on backwards.

today I learned inset wheels exist in skateboarding…

always something fun.

my dense ass totally thinks the BN pulley will be fine…

@rafaelinmissouri You could definitely run the pulleys backwards.

I have a set of DH Akashas and some 32T evolve pulleys. It seems the inset core on the DH is oriented so the kegel pins snap in correctly from the outside face and don’t seem to engage properly from the other.

Haven’t run them on a build yet but they fit nicely and seem pretty solid test fitting with them flipped

4 Likes

thanks for sharing this dude.

they are such cute little wheels.

the evolve pulleys do go in some with them facing the normal way right?

I wonder if with it all bolted in place it would be fine.

do the outer and inner lips have a slight differebt profile.

1 Like

Yep the pulleys go in the same amount either way, they just don’t snap into place and stay put on the inside face.

Bolt on pulleys would work just fine either way I think, and as long as the axel nut is tight holding the wheel and pulley together a press fit would probably be fine on the inside face still if the excess lip material is removed.

Outside lip is rounded, inside lip is sharp like the Venom Mach 1’s

2 Likes

Anyone tried the new Dad Bod 77A?

2 Likes

Kegel core options:
88 wheel co
They have a couple 80 &86 mm options with the core

3 Likes

For boa’s, all the 83a are og usa wheels? No clone core 83a? Also how is the fitment and wear comparison between og and chinesium boas?

Og red boas are dream wheels. Ride feel and longevity were fantastic.

The new boas are ass. Ride feel is gross, they feel much harder than their duro but they do wear well, longevity is good.

88wheels are much like the og boas

1 Like

Green boa’s taste better

Green loctite tastes even better

1 Like

I am curious cause i see these listed at a local shop, and if theyre going to ruin my pulleys or cause issues, probably not worth, but if theyre the og that everyone seems to rave about here then i would be very curious to try them out.

my motors are a bit too close to the ground to run 86’s i been beating the shit out om my motors with eovan 105’s which im pretty sure are actually 115, cause my numbers are off on my voyager, but thats besides the point.

1 Like

They are not the OG ones, those aren’t sold new. They are gone unless you find used ones. Those might ruin your pulleys.

I was hoping i got lucky and they just been in stock for 4-5 years :sweat_smile::rofl::sweat_smile: