Unity with master side bad detection

here is the issue @Deodand had mentioned.

1 Like

I think the three half bridges got repaired, those must be these right?

2 Likes

Thanks for the info @rafaelinmissouri very interesting informatiom you have provided!

Btw i am no guru whatsoever so i have no idea what values to check etc.

1 Like

Sorry but that is beyond me.

and regarding the values. what i used as a reference was the recommended motor amps. and expected them to be within 5 amps or so.

so mine were way different regardless of which motors i tried.

This jumper wire just connects V+ to V+… it really shouldn’t do anything and can likely be removed. No idea why that would be there, there is a big V+ power plane of copper connecting these.

1 Like

How weird, do you think the 3 repaired half bridged need to be redone?

Thanks for your help to mister!

1 Like

Half bride is one leg of the Mosfets that controls a phase. Not sure what you’re refering to. I asked you the check the mosfets just to see if they’re whole, resistance should be in the ballpark similiar to the other side of the unity f.e

2 Likes

Ok will check, sorry, like i said im pretty bad with this stuff.

3 Likes

No problem, if we’re speaking greek just point out what is unclear to you

3 Likes

Would you mind pointing me to the fets and what points to measure? All the components are unmarked as in there are no serial numbers etc on them.

I think it wasnt always this bad actually, i just uploaded this video and noticrd that it worked better, not good at all still but i think it was better?

1 Like

Im having this exact same issue with two Trampa VESC6 MK3’s that are known-good. I just updated them from fw4.2, where they were working perfectly, to fw5.2, where I am now getting issues detecting the proper motor values and sensors.

I have also now heard from a previous customer that his Xenith is having the same issue.

I think it’s a problem with FW5. I will be doing more testing on my setup to try to figure it out.

2 Likes

This could very well be true,because that film was them running on unity firmware i think

1 Like

I can confirm that the customer of mine had his issues resolved entirely by switching to using the Unity app and firmware.

@Trampa, I think we found a bug.

2 Likes

5.1 unity has been flawless for me. I think the issue may be 5.2. But I have no clue.

2 Likes

you can check source drain and gate with continous mode and meassure resistance through the 3 Phase Wire Points, Compare it with the working side.

fets

iam not in the shop but I think it was this mosfet layout

1 Like

Update: i tried it with unity firmware and its still not good, so in my case its most definetly not software. Ill check for the mosfets now.

Sorry for the late update, i was away for a few days.

1 Like

:frowning_face:

1 Like

Am I the only one looking at those phase leads thinking they need to be completly redone?

1 Like

Which ones, you mean on the board right?, the reason why they look like that is because i soldered them off by accident and squished them, they are hairy but definetly not cold i can tell you that. I think they look worse than they are :rofl:

1 Like