Unity PPM Cable

3 EE degrees later I can say with 85% certainty that metal blocks RF signals

3 Likes

:wink:

2 Likes

no… look at the null points on dipole antenna radiation… out the ends of the dipole are null points, poor reception… you want the antennas to be perpendicular to each other not parallel…

I never-ever tried an L shape dipole antenna, never occurred to me to try…

1 Like

I gotcha. I’ll do some experiments. If I can figure out where to move the pins for the vx1 receiver (for v6)to work with Unity, ill give that a try as well

ive got hfss open as we speak, can run a quick sim if you want :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

do yourself a favor, and open up your VX1 and look at the wiring…

1 Like

what’s the perfect 1/4 wave dipole antenna length at 2.4 GHz… I don’t wanna do the math… it’s something like 32mm (i think)

2 Likes

31mm

2 Likes

Fucking flipsky

faaaaaaaaaaaaaak I gotta purty good memory for a drunk!..

can you do a simulation on an L bent dipole on your software?

2 Likes

yeah actually

just bent a halfway ? or perhaps 31mm each direction?

2 Likes

the remote is solid as fuck after you unfukit…

do the legwork and make your shit right…

no
Jury rigging anything…

1 Like

id think try both… a 31mm dipole bent at 1/2 way 90 degrees, and then a 62mm antenna bent at 31mm

i’m going to sit here and watch real science being done

1 Like

Jerry rigging doesn’t always have to have a negative connotation my friend.

Just sucks that a company can get away with such shitty quality control.

yes it does
you obviously weren’t confident in your jury-rig and came here asking for a new PPM cable

think about it

Jury-rigged means something was assembled quickly with the materials on hand. Jerry-built means it was cheaply or poorly built. Jerry-rigged is a variant of jury-rigged, and it may have been influenced by jerry-built.

1 Like

Who’s Jerry thou?

2 Likes

he’s that fukker who stole our many-moneys

fucking carvon

1 Like

Jerry

1 Like

Jerry rigged just means with what is on hand.And at the time I was perfectly confident in it.

Like I said, just trying different things. From my experience working on cars, motorcycles, and electronics, sometimes the least likely solution solves the issue.

I’m not here to argue semantics. Just trying to solve a problem, not argue.

i’m not here to argue either…
i just see what’s placed before me and add analysis…

it’s Occam’s Razor… the simplest solution is probably the best…
i’ve take the Razor to the utmost extents and told you to look at and fix the easiest problems… it’s up to you whether you choose to go that direction

BTW is your VX1 a UART or a PPM remote?

i kin give you a head start…

1 Like