Unity for sale?

Probably a long shot, but gotta give it a shot.

Anyonesss got a unity they wanna sell?

Ehh I wouldn’t get one. They’re not repairable, just get 2 seperate (V)ESCs i.e neoboxes, focboxes and save yourself the headache

4 Likes

Yea I know it’s lacking support. It’s just I don’t really wanna daisy chain together 4 neoboxes for this AWD build lol not sure I have enough space and I already have one unity just need another even if it’s just temporarily.

Just until the neobox dual comes out or the stromcore is more readily available.

It won’t be a permanent solution just something to get this build complete in the short term.

Once more reliable dual vesc/esc comes out I’ll replace the current setup.

2 Likes

(SOLD)I got one would sell it for what i paid for it $320 shipped brand new.

3 Likes

They are repairable depending on what happens to them just like singles. In the Eu, @seaborder does repairs. The firmware is still being constantly updated now so support is there by the unmatched team behind stormcore. @Deodand still the most helpful guy there is who stands behind his baby.

8 Likes

Ah last i heard a lot of them couldnt be repaired, seaborder couldnt figure out what was wrong with mine :frowning:

1 Like

Picture or info on what was broken on yours? Still have one to send in myself

1 Like

I’m not really sure, there was really no visual damage at all but it wouldn’t turn on

1 Like

I’ve just repaired one like this!
Jeff pointed me in the right direction.
It was the anti spark circuit.

2 Likes

Ahhh this is really good info. I have two that are out of commission lol. One doesn’t power on unless it’s connected via a can bus and then there is only a blue light. Not sure if that’s firmware related I think I did kind a few threads that mentioned it could be bricked. So might need to get a st-link and fiddle with it.

The other I’m actually
Not too sure might be the same issue but I need to check. I mean I have noticed that the firmware is still being updated and the other 6 that I have, never had an issue so long as I didn’t do something stupid to fuck them up in the first place like I did with these two.

Thanks @BigBen for the tips might be worth not being a lazy ass and try to fix these ones.

1 Like

I have one like this too I think. Except I think mine messed up when I had the can bus connected to both of them and then connected the battery. I got some sizzle action from where the can bus was connected…

The blown one I had was caused by an intermittent battery connection as far as we could work out.

1 Like

Could a Canadian take you up on a good deal like that?

3 Likes

have you looked into the Maker X dual 4.20? it supports 4wd via CAN. I have used it before and it’s extremely reliable, pushing 30A on each side.

2 Likes

I have no but will take a look. Although it would need to be pushing 52.5A/ motor with my setup. 110A/ esc. Given right now the bird is drawing a total of 210A.

Not continuous of course but there are times where the Amp draw is pretty large.

1 Like

i meant 30A batt cont. so with 4wd you could pull 120A cont total.

but with proper heat sinking i think they can handle about 40-45A battery each side

1 Like

Whaat? that sounds exactly like my issue, my battery connection is intermittent (I narrowed it down after 2 blown ESCs… not sure how to repair it now) but the unity is with @seaborder

1 Like

So the information you’re giving out about it not being repairable and not being updated is incorrect? Just for clarity.

2 Likes

I see that they have them on AliExpress. But I don’t know if I trust it. Maybe this is one of those too good to be true situations. Counterfeit/ripoff??? I haven’t purchased anything from this company, but I am aware of some negative experiences. It would be cool to hear if anyone has an opinion.https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000837421571.html?trace=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreThisSeller&scm=1007.13339.109600.0&scm_id=1007.13339.109600.0&scm-url=1007.13339.109600.0&pvid=b403d326-cd89-4b7e-8f8c-9290a85a2b32

1 Like

Haha I’ve been keeping an eye on these too.

1 Like