FOCBOX IS BACK?

Because vendors do this cool thing where they send you crap and don’t care.

Not a very fulfilling way to live life, but it has its appropriate applications.

2 Likes

Hmm.

If the vendor is purposely selling returns or qc failed items without mentioning it, that’s not very noble… Nevertheless, obviously, because of the price everybody in here knew that something like that is most probably going on. Knowingly trying it out for €200 a piece, getting rekt for 1 out of 4 and trying to get a refund for all 4 is therefore also definitely a no-go. But hey, he said he would first try to get a replacement, maybe there will be no harm done either side and then @kevingraehl has gotten four dirt-cheap working (as of now) Unities.

This is just my opinion on the matter [subject to change]…

2 Likes

Yes. I’ll give them opportunity to make good.

If not. Fuck them and I’m going nuclear

I sent them the video and Facebook message/ and email.

I’ll update you.

It’s BS that they didn’t plug them in or test. It’s not rocket science.

The seal/ bags were installed backwards then what I’ve seen on my original enertion orders

2 Likes

Price doesn’t seem that great to me? Maybe for new good units, but not for black market unknown origin units.

Lol! Loctite or high temp grease?

2 Likes

Never said it was great, my point was the price indicates something is shady.

Continuing the discussion from Unity for sale?:

There was another thread a couple of weeks ago, where we were keeping an eye on this. The price has gone up about $30 in the last couple of days. Now that I see some of you guys have gambled…I’m in.

1 Like

For me it has gone down about €10, same seller? “Stores stores stores” or whatever?

1 Like

Yes, same seller. When they first started selling it, they weren’t accepting PayPal. Which seemed sketchy. But now they have that option. Also, I’m using a credit card so I have 2 layers of protection, if it turns out to be junk.

1 Like

Didn’t notice that yet. Even the AE Money-back is pretty good but on stuff like this even I would use PayPal.

EDIT: crap, now price did go up about €28 in the last 45 minutes!

1 Like

you have to keep in mind that aliexpress doesn’t always choose your side

I’d say the price has gone up a bit. Woulda grabbed one for $70.

I ordered one from the raptor shop in an evening of poor judgement…
On April 16… Showed up on the 30th…

I have not hooked it up to anything yet…

2 Likes

I got mine before AliExpress

Drop it into one of your existing unity builds, match the settings and see if it all still works the same

1 Like

Just curious, where did it ship from?

3 Likes

Yeah, enertionshop still has some for $197. They’ve restocked the decks and some other things after “selling out”, but are probably still shipping mismatched decks/handles.

I wish the motors were cheaper, could make for a really cool direct drive project.

1 Like

Hong Kong.
It was in limbo for a few days before I could see actual movement on dhl. Then it moved fast.

3 Likes

Well so opening up another board and cutting heat shrink and all that shit was gonna be too much trouble.

So I did just a more basic test set up and hooked it up to the batteries on my mountain board I could get to easily and some motors that are in between builds.

Everything appears to be fine.

Off course without actually riding it I won’t know if it will cutout and break my shoulder like one of its older brothers did…

It turned on.
It connected to the app.
It updated the firmware.
It went through set up.

It turned off.
It turned on and worked like normal.

Edit.

There is an issue with mine.
After flashing the vesc tool and trying to actually run it.

I asked for a refund via email… See where that goes.

7 Likes

I don’t think Amazon tests your monitor before sending it to you.
That’s what refunds are for, right? ^^
I mean… It’s an online store based in China. They sell so much shit daily. If you want them to check everything before actually shipping, prices would double immediately. I don’t want to be a dick but I agree with what others said. If you get three working items, why do you want a refund for all of them? Be aware that they probably want you to send all four units back… If you can keep them, getting refunds for all four, I see where this shop is going. It’s gonna be dead in no time.
This sounds dumb, but 3 out of 4 isn’t that bad. Especially when you just had no luck. Maybe the next 100 units are without any problems.

So please stay calm :slight_smile:
Get your refund for what is damaged, but don’t rob 600€ just because they may let you ^^
They’re humans and don’t want to loose 600€ either. The may insist on you sending it back.
If they provide PayPal evidence that 3 of them work… I rather don’t think about what happens then ^^

9 Likes

I disagree.

But ok.

If they fuck me on one,. I’ll dispute all 4 . And I’m a bad person for that?
Let my credit card company haggle with them

At any rate,. It’s all moot

2 Likes