Ultraboards – Ultra slim esk8 compilation | SERIOUS

no, lid at the bottom

StOrmBreaKer_BullyDeck 37” Integrated Enclosure | MAD Storm DD | Popoca 90mm | Focbox Unity | 12s4p 30Q you can see picture here and the bad first ride I had :rofl:
Basically all the other decks I design were based on existing mould, so you cna press them properly. If you do that the several layers will run for the whole deck length giving great properties to the board.
For this one I could not find a proper mould so decided to press a multiple layers flat, get a cube and work all the shape with the CNC. That ended up cost me plus 300 Euro and mainly not having all the layers runing for the entire length, due to the drop down configuration. If it would have been a classic deck no problem, but drop down put a lot of forces at the ends and not been properly supported by al lthe wood layers made it cracked.
Now I found a mould for it, but not sure I want to invest again to make it. For sure this time with the mould it would be pressed properly, like the ChooChoo and should work no problem. The short riding experience I had was really really nice.

4 Likes

Thank you, will watch out for the thread later on, im pretty confused how i could miss that :man_shrugging: :joy:

oh man, I love you for doing it this way, bc lid on the top sucks imo.

yeah, that is the main problem on drop down decks machined from a block.
No way out of this, even not with carbon fibre or FG, thats for sure.mhhhh :thinking:
Maybe some kind of metal plates to strenghten the areas where the forces are the strongest :man_shrugging: …sorry, just dreaming :unamused:

Sorry to hear about your financial losses on this one, but very accurate work like always, dood.
Nice DD btw, :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

yes I prefer lid at the bottom, You cna use real concave at the top. I know made a short kicktail deck that I am working on since 6 months. Need to find time to finish the gear drive for it. Deck is made and looks amazing, inspired to my favourit short deck from MADRID skate.

Yes the drop thorugh could be achieved with metal bracket but I prefered all wood. So the only way to do it properly is by pressing it. Now I found a mould nad would work but I mainly use short boards, so this one was an experiment.

Yeh this DD is amazing :blush: Thanks. A lot of silent power

2 Likes

sorry for being a bit late, my friend, i was skateboarding :man_kneeling:
I cant add ideas or words on what you said.
You are so fuckin right, Allessio :handshake:
But why fucking drop down?..money lost…0ver…New_ Start…01010101
YOU have some serious power, doooooood!..
What about the short one? I have seen some little parts on some pics in your threads where some tiny short integrated deck came to daylight. That is the one you mentioned i know. Awesome work as we all know from your hands. :muscle:
How about the shorter deck? Does it run on DD, too?
Sorry for highjackin the thread, bros :eyes:

1 Like

My Ultraboard entry:
Redux

12 Likes

23 Likes

:sleepy: My board without the cone washer would work :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I am very confused by this build.

4 Likes

can one still get a choochoo deck?

Not sure if it still counts but here’s the update of my stallion

18 Likes

needs bigger wheels or that davega is dead when you ride it upside down ultra style.

5 Likes

Was meant to use haggies, but they bite on the front when turning :frowning:

1 Like

Boys I have bad news…I think a OneWheel without the guard counts

11 Likes

9" tires makes almost everything count.

1 Like

I dunno, my MBS wouldn’t count even with a 10" wheel

4 Likes

fine fine. bigger wheels.

4 Likes

That is one sexy build, love the deck :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Don’t worry about OP’s initial criteria at all.

This is ultra as fuck my dude!

4 Likes

One of the boys on the last groupride up here took this photo, Definitely an ultra on pneumatics

6 Likes

Pretty much every hummie is

9 Likes