Ubox or Stormcore for 18s?

Im looking at both the Ubox 100v and Stormcore 100D for an 18s build. My question is one worth it more than the other. Lacroix seems to have a lot of boards on the road with few failures but ive seen a few Uboxs that blew up for one reason or another and want to make sure im not gonna eat the pavement at 40 mph if I choose it. The downside to lacroix is that it looks like its gonna be at least a month before I see the thing and its prime riding weather here in the midwest and id rather not waste a third of it waiting around. What would you choose and why?

3 Likes

Stormcore, unquestionably. The uBox series are a total crapshoot at this point.

9 Likes

I agree, If you want something that has proven to be reliable, I would close my eyes and always choose stormcore

5 Likes

Unless you have the whole board already ready, 1 month waiting time shouldn’t be a concern.

Purely based on customer support and the people behind the project – Stormcore every day. (They actually know what they are doing)
Of course you will have the few exceptional people like @Heathlewis who used to use a stormcore and switched to the ubox, but I would say that’s a small minority of people, and issues happen time to time regardless of the HW setup. Wear safety gear, and good luck on your 18s adventure!

7 Likes

Any other 18s ESCs that I should look at?

2 Likes

Just get a stormcore. Or if you have lots of space and money, 2 little focers.

6 Likes

+5 for the Stormcore.

Full list here. Some other decent single options you can merge with Canbus

1 Like

i’ve set up one board with a stormcore it seemed pretty deece, my ubox v2 caught fire i sent it back (tracked and signed for, provided spintend with tracking details) it’s been over 2 months and there refusing to send a replacement and have stopped reponding to emails coz i “UpDatE tHe FiRmWaRe WrOnG”. whats a month to wait if you gotta put out a fire and wait 2+ months

5 Likes

maybe the go-foc d100 if he can fix the firmware issue

1 Like