Tynee Explorer Discussion

I couldn’t find a thread in here about the Tynee Explorer. If it already exists and I just suck at searching, mods, please delete.

I just got my tynee explorer and I love it. I had a meepo hurricane with just under 300 miles which I sold to a local friend. I liked the meepo for it’s raw power but I quickly discovered that my stupid flat-duck-hobbit feet don’t like W concave. My feet would start hurting really bad after a few miles and I tried all sorts of things to help. The tynee explorer’s nearly flat and narrower bamboo deck with flex is amazing. I’m also in love with the ability to fine-tune acceleration, max speed, and power for each mode on the remote. My happy place is carving at 20mph and I always found the hurricane in mode 3 to be too twitchy in its acceleration. I did replace the stock bushings and pivot cups with riptide kranks. Near-perfect. Feel free to ask me anything.

3 Likes

One of the problems with tynee as a company is their misleading marketing, shit customer service, shit quality control and the fact that they arent actually using p42a in some of the boards that advertise p42a. Double check everything on your board and make sure nothing is breaking.

7 Likes

ooooh boy, yes so much.

2 Likes

The Meepo Hurricane has quite a bit of concave. I personally love it and other I know get serious foot pain from it. I really like the flex deck on the Tynee board but it is just too narrow for me. Nowadays I prefer a deck that is 10" or wider.

3 Likes

using p42a in boards that advertise p42a … those bastards… dirty bastards

2 Likes

Really sad to here. I was hoping quality control and customer service were not going to be issues.

Yeah I’m not a fan of the hurricane deck. It’s too aggressive with it’s shape. I prefer the Zeus pro deck. Super comfy with a small drop-down for your foot to rest against

3 Likes

Maybe read his message again.

3 Likes

My experience with Tynee so far has been nothing but excellent. their customer service is way better than meepo. Meepo would take days to get back to me via email or chat and I had to follow up multiple times. I didn’t even get a tracking number for my hurricane and it randomly just showed up to my door. Everything on this board looks and feels to be high quality. Perhaps the tynee was shit in the past but they appear to be good now.

4 Likes

yeah it’s really a bummer. Perhaps when they release the bamboo hurricane they will offer a better remote and a flatter deck.

1 Like

The tynee mini that they just launched is plagued with issues like the trucks snapping and they haven’t done anything to fix it

1 Like

oh damn. I didn’t know. I’ll keep you guys posted every couple of hundred miles. I’m probably swapping the trucks out for @Savage1 's trucks anyways at some point.

5 Likes

Isn’t Tynee a pretty new company?

2 Likes

Not that new.

1 Like

I just put 30 miles on this board on smooth asphalt. It’s a dream to ride and carve.

2 Likes

Still going strong, with about 130 miles on it. Riding it on meepo cyclone wheels.

2 Likes

It sounds like you’re the only one who’s actually got the board so keep posting. Glad you’re enjoying it. I like the features on the remote it’s a bit of a game changer. I want to buy the esc and remote when they become available. If your battery lasts with little sag towards the end then you’ve probably got a good one. Keep rolling!

2 Likes

If you ever get the chance to open up the enclosure, make sure to take pics of the insides, especially of the ESC and post it.

4 Likes

i rode it to near empty once and there was no noticeable sag. However, I ride at a max of 23mph at 50% acceleration. I really love the remote and how customizable everything is. After installing riptide bushings, this board is nearly perfect for me. I wish more manufacturers offered decks with less aggressive concaves.

2 Likes

I wish the deck was wider.

2 Likes