Turnigy Sk8 ESC

Yes. Pictures or it never happened.

2 Likes

oh yes, this very much.

2 Likes

did they really just put a sticker on it and call it a day? :joy: they got balls

3 Likes

The sticker probably says ‘void if removed’ :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Photoshopping it out of the product image probably caused the many month delay.

link

damn

these two still on sale

Bought one of the singles:

The FETs are ON FDBL0150N80. Looks like red = ground for the switch on this as well. It’s got a ~30x43 mm heatsink held on the FETs by the plastic case.

Also interestingly the date sticker is 7/2020. Guess these sat around a while after being made.

2 Likes

Finely aged VESC. Only the best for you my friend.

hoping for no smoky flavor.

4 Likes

I got the 2-in-1 for a fuck-around build; let’s see how it will go.

2 Likes

So it turns out, you still have to connect the two ESCs via the CAN bus ports. Unlike duals that have an internal-ish connection already, you have to connect those two together.

At least the box came with connectors.

I honestly don’t know what I was expecting for something this cheap.

2 Likes

I guess internal CANbus is now a higher end feature of dual VESCs

Those two copper lines are not growing on trees sheesh, extension cables, those do and are free.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

You should probably just run the white wires, or the white and black wires for the CAN connection.

I’ll just continue using the connector as is; it seems to work fine now. Mostly because I don’t want to fiddle with crimping.

1 Like

He is right, you should only be bridging the canh and canl. It’s super easy to remove the extra wires.

3 Likes

You don’t need to crimp.

And I don’t know about that blob of adhesive under it, I never use that. Just gently lift up the tiny plastic finger with a safety pin or the point of a pocket knife.

3 Likes

had to do this a couple of dozen times yesterday, used a brake calliper spring. anything flat enough and thin enough to not break the plastic clip.

plus you can always just solder them on instead of crimping, it’s almost impossible for a human being to get a perfect crimp.

Oh hey; there’s a 3-wire connector and used that.