TSG Pass chin strap

So I got myself the TSG Pass helmet. I like it. It looks very well made and it sits on my head comfortably.

The chin strap locking system though… I’m afraid my life is too short for that one. It takes me a good minute to get it locked. I guess it gets better with practice but still, it feels so annoying. What’s wrong with those click-in systems that all my other helmets have?

I wonder what others have done about it. Have you tried replacing it for something easier to use or have you just got used to it?

4 Likes

I know it’s a bit more time-consuming, but it seems to be the safest way to implement the chin strap lock.
There’s a very nice video comparing different systems with stress tests.

Also it’s very safe, because you have to tighten the strap every time. This way it’s always gonna be tight and not loosen over time.

12 Likes

The double D ring is the simplest and safest helmet closure system in existence.
Once you get used to it it takes no more than a few seconds to fasten.

4 Likes

I can buckle my helmet with one hand now. It just takes practice.

3 Likes

Takes some time to get used to but now I can get it tightened in a few seconds

3 Likes

No way! Video or did not happen. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We should have a D-ring challenge (would be a nice addition to the T-race :))

Buckle up single handed under 10 seconds… wearing gloves. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Get a fidlock or parachute buckle/any other kind of quick release buckle

ok that’s not possible :laughing:

1 Like

File too big.

Only need 1 hand :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

7 Likes

Wow, that’s what I call mad skills! :raised_hands:

No double d ring, no buy helmet

4 Likes

Hardest part for me is the final bit – closing that button shut. Way too easy to try to push it off-center. If that was replaced with a magnet I would be very satisfied

1 Like

Could it be possible that yours is deformed? Mine goes on no problem

I don’t bother undoing the strap all the way. With it fully loosened I can slide my head out, and when I put it on all I have to do is tug it tight and button down the flap.

1 Like

Hmm, kinda is deformed actually. Visually looking at it it’s hard to understand what could go wrong, but when it’s on my head I definitely fumble with it from time to time

Fidlock ftw

edit: i forgot to say which fidlock it is, its the V-Buckle 25 swivel mount, which doesn’t have any opening, its a screw in end on the double d side, so it won’t come loose

3 Likes

Hm, you’re right. I just practiced for a bit and getting the D-ring done is actually not that hard (using BOTH hands a NO gloves :slight_smile:) but that button troubles me as well. I guess it’s still safe not to do that one if you are in a hurry and the dangling end does not annoy you. A magnet would be a nice improvement. I’m just worried it would make getting the strap through the D-ring more difficult since (at least on my helmet) it’s made of a magnetic metal.

Maybe put the magnet in place of the female part of the button (located behind the D-ring) and put a magnetic metal on the strap (but not a magnet).

1 Like

I am not that masochistic so I use both hands and put on my helmet before my gloves.

7 Likes

I have stopped using the button because it’s hard with gloves. Just let the last bit of strap hang around.

2 Likes