Truck comparison - looking for advice

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that something around 285mm end to end (176mm hanger) will be in the works sooner or later

2 Likes

Preach

2 Likes

Lol, that’s even longer.

2 Likes

derp I wasn’t factoring in axle length

yours sound bout perfect in that case

If KranK is too reboundy, run them with flat washers

2 Likes

Krank is too reboundy for me even with no washers. WFB is awesome. I just wish it came in 100A

3 Likes

Swap your bushings for riptide magnum on the board side and cannon roadside. I’d do both trucks but if you want maneuverability then start with just the rear. The bigger bushings help take a lot of the slop out. You could also try using the venom plug barrels as well

1 Like

bit of an update: my fatty cones just came in. is it ok to use them alongside standard barrels or do I need chubby barrels?

side note, my wobbles decreased drastically after swapping from my kendas to some clevers

1 Like

Alright, so I’m back to the drawing board for a bit of a different reason. I had my wobble issue sorted after some angle adjustments and tire changes, but now after switching to my tomiboi deck, the BN270s have a pretty unavoidable wheel bite problem.

I can adjust the angle so that turning is basically impossible and the wheels don’t bite, but then turning is basically impossible. My current thought is to get a set of @Savage1 trucks next time they release. As I understand it, the TKP design helps to extend wheelbase and prevent wheel bite. Am I correct?

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated. Ideally I want some trucks that are maneuverable at low speed as well as stable at high speed, and wide enough not to bite the deck.

3 Likes

After spending a lot of time playing with different extensions and adjustments with my new 3links attempting to adapt them to the flux I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s just not the deck shape for them. I can get it to work with a waterborne extension but then I get a very divey turning style.

I then went out on a ride on my normal flux on matrix ii. It’s so carvy and great the way I’ve got it setup (for me) that I think they’re just the best style truck for angled decks personally. Other options will work but we’re adapting them to do so and not really optimizing the setup imo.

My setup for my 150ish pounds with full gear on that I love is.

Matrix II trucks
Yellow bushing front
Orange bushing rear
Rear truck dewedged about 10degrees with a 3D printed wedge.

I’m able to pretty comfortably hit 35-38mph and still have good low speed carving. No wheel bite, no problems.

The board carves great and feels fantastic.

Have you tried channels for a while? Takes a little getting used to I think. First ride I second guessed it when I got on them and thought “we’ll these are terrible”. Second ride I fell in love with the feel.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s seeming like channels are the way to go. Really appreciate the write-up. I’d love to try a set of 3-links eventually for a track style setup.

Now to decide between Luna’s, Matrix 2, or Airs…

1 Like

I recently rode a prototipo, first with m2 then swapped the front m2 for airs and it felt a fucking boat load better! Twas my first experiemce with channels, coming from a decade of longboard ing. Gonna switch back n forth to feel it out, but i think with some adjusting that itll grow kn me for sure. Im also terrified of wobbs but live speed. I think i like the infinite adjustability of the air pkp, id love to try the riptides in the m2 conversions too.

2 Likes

Throw the radium adapter kit on there with white and blue bushings. So much more fun for carving at low speed. Feels like a powder day

5 Likes

Try PKP on the same board next :yum:

So I’m planning to get a set of Luna 350 hangars to use with my existing BN adjustable baseplates. Seems like the cheapest fix I can find that will work with my drivetrain and deck. Plus I get to stick to RKP which I have no complaints with.

3 Likes

If you want to get rid of the BN270’s lemme know!

1 Like

I’m selling the hangars. I can give you a deal on em if you’re interested!

1 Like

Yeah shoot me a DM, I’m interested. Need to start compiling parts for the vanguard 42 build

2 Likes

Maaan, you both made and ruined my day. I didnt know those luna 350s were a thing, theyre exactly what i want. Right after i bought a set of BN280s as a step from my BN270s too lol, sounds like i gotta sell em both and go luna.

2 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t that interested until I realized they fit my baseplates and drivetrain. Seems like the easiest solution. Plus they’re some sexy hangars

2 Likes