Truck comparison - looking for advice

I look forward to trying some 3links at carve

3 Likes

@haven what angles are you running on the baseplates right now? Is this on your evo or on another deck?

Given your adjustable base plates I’d first try setting the rear 10/15/20 degrees less in angle. A 45/25 split (or whatever) would be insanely stable and might still give you low low speed maneuvering you want.

40 is fast as fuck. Be safe out there

currently running a 40/30 split, the back is stable as fuuuuck

main wobble is a slight one in the front truck, thinking it’s bushing related – got some fatcones in the mail to try my luck with

in other news, switching to my cheap ebay clevers away from the slightly wobbly kendas also made a marginal difference. loving these new tires… $50 for a set with tubes, and the seller replaced the wobbly one for me

1 Like

Yeah that’s odd that the wobble is coming from the front. Usually speed wobbles come from the back. Seems like bushings are a good place to start.

1 Like

yeah, i guess speed wobble isn’t really the right term. it’s more of a lil wiggle from the front when i hit sidewalk cracks, rough patches etc

2 Likes

Compatibility with BNm1 street GDs?

2 Likes

How’s your stance? You may need more weight on your front foot

2 Likes

Not without machining away about 3-4mm of clearance in the hanger for the motor can.
BN AT, no problem

3 Likes

A few quick points:

1. I break everything! I have broken caliber II base plate and hanger separately, different boards… MBS matrix II broke off the hanger… Motor shafts, fuck them too, twice… Evolve hates me, 8x motors in 6months, OSRR smashed! I probably put boosted out of biz with 3esc, countless motors and batteries, 3 decks… I actually could keep going

2. Seattle streets suck, I have no mercy

3. moe did upgrade everything on the HD trucks which I haven’t budgeted in to my esk8 stuff yet. I broke everything, he upgraded everything :joy::joy:

4. the standard vs metric annoys me bc I need to carry more tools

5. 3links in my experience, are the most stable trucks I have rode, I’ve hit 48mph smoking a Porsche and could not believe how stable and comfortable they feel. Kinda like a motorcycle, the faster you go, the more locked in you feel

8 Likes

depends on speed, I lean forward the faster I go… I don’t THINK stance is the issue

1 Like

can I get on a list for your trucks? august right?

how much do they run? $$

1 Like

Modern-day downhill uses slalom style and super narrow (120mm) RKP trucks and decks to get a sharp turning radius. ESK8 can not do this because of motor size /deck width (except hub motors), so most esk8 companies go double kingpin to solve this. However, all the DKP trucks are copies of the gullwing truck that were not designed to go downhill / fast.
So I would say after trying (boosted,evolve,Kaly,Lacroix,meepo,backfire,3d servisas,paris, caliber,“Precision downhill trucks Aera Ronin Rojas”, and more)
Stooge 3 links solve all of these problems and are hands down the best option for ESK8, and their HD upgrades to all the parts have made the trucks bulletproof.
Also changing the angles of the trucks is super easy, so i often change it when I get to the track.

TLDR:
SRB 3 Links = DKP trucks but stable for high speeds

8 Likes

Yes, mid to late August.
Complete set of trucks is $395.00
I will let you know when they are ready.

3 Likes

would love to see some pics if you’ve got any more!

2 Likes

are the motor mounts still held in place with friction?

2 Likes

Okay…

14 Likes

Those look awesome. Also saw your main thread, thank you. What’s the total axle width?

1 Like

Lol, ya, I need to tidy up that thread a bit, but I need to do a lot of things like that. I work 50+ hrs at the shop doing “real work” , then around 15-20 doing “fun” stuff like Eska8 and such things!
Anyway, the axels are 10mm diameter, and the length is 54mm

2 Likes

Axle end to axle end when installed in the hanger is about 358mm

2 Likes

damn that’s wide asf! idk that I’d even wanna go that big