Truck comparison - looking for advice

All it takes is ONE? Jeez you’re easy

2 Likes

Listen to this man!

Wobbles are strange and counterintuitive. This is the magic of split angles trucks - you can run high and loose in the front all day, if you deaden the rear.

You want car style steering - only in the front. The front dragging the rear behind its path. The second that the rear truck tries to become the main steering input, you get wobbles, as the rear truck wants to spin the board until it’s in front, and the rider trying to correct.

8 Likes

What bushing formula are you using?
Krank was terrible for me on RKPs, it’s so bouncy it propagates wobbles thru the system.

This setup was so stable to the point of being boring:
45/30 angle split
front boardside fatcone, front roadside canon
back boardside chubby, back roadside canon
all in APS, split duros to account for split angles

4 Likes

Agree on not liking the krank formula. It had to much rebound for my taste and feels very limiting. On the opposite side of the spectrum is wfb formula that has very little rebound and the most amount of lean possible, definitely my favorite. Canon on both sides will give you really good lean at slow speeds and still be able to maintain high speed stability… @haven Try some different bushing to see what shape/formula works for you

6 Likes

Have you considered just riding under 40mph?

7 Likes

One tool one time.

5 Likes

If you’re trying to hold speed at 40+ mph on trucks that are road tested to stay together for hundreds and hundreds of miles, check out the Hoyt St. Rosa trucks. You can buy them with or without our integrated motor mounts!

Ask anyone who’s tried them, they are SUPER stable
@TheBoardGarage @Evwan @DerelictRobot @DEEIF @TY37z @hoytkid @piepowered @ChrisLips @frankthedragon

5 Likes

very good trucks

2 Likes

Can confirm they’ve very stable, especially with the split angles, but the demo board I rode was also significantly stiffer than what I’m used to (I usually run quite loose bushings). I had a hard time making slow turns, but on the other hand it was one of the few boards I could tuck on and accelerate with no wobble whatsoever.

2 Likes

I have ridden them extensively for months, and they are indeed, very stable, even with bushings so loose that they turn tighter than common DKP trucks at slow speeds.

Very impressive trucks, that preserve the ride feel of a standard longboard.

7 Likes

Yes, they are mad stable. I ran them with 1 thread left with 90A bushings. able to send at 35+mph on shitty NYC roads.

2 Likes

Cant really say more about the SRB 3-link than in 2022;

All top 5 global T-Race spots
#1 at ERL
#1 at Mary Hill
#1 at Barret Junction
#1 at AVS
#1 at Esk8Con

Clearly outperforms all other trucks and will also
“Stay Together for hundreds and hundreds of miles.”

https://t-raceglobal.com/

7 Likes

Yeah crap. I’m letting the team down being stuck in 7th in global T Race. Climb one more spot and you can say top 6 haha

But yes, for top speed stability and low speed maneuvering @haven you need 3-links!!

1 Like

They are compatible with m1 AT’s, and are stable past 40mph.

2 Likes

More will be available mid to late August

5 Likes

Do you ride them daily in the street? Have any of your links come loose? Main thing stopping me from getting a set is @Yeahthatperson 's experience :confused: also the fact that they’re not metric

2 Likes

What I learned at esk8con is that 3 link trucks are only marginally better than the regular RKP trucks that Boosted used, as those came in 2nd place with an underpowered Boosted board.

And I believe those trucks have been going for thousands of miles. Which I’m relatively certain…is more than hundreds.

#bringbackBoosted

#itsnotyourtrucksitsthatyouarentagodwalkingamongstmen

Edit:

Go on. Look into the face of a god.

8 Likes

@jack.luis yeah buddy, you should be riding these

The HD 3-link has corrected any motor mount or plate cracking that @Yeahthatperson experienced with the standard version.
Here is his impression of the standard SRB 3-link.

3 Likes

@TheBoardGarage

Richie DeLosada may be. Dude was a hero in my eyes with his awd boosted setup on thane. Absolutely fantastic on a slick racing surface.

I wasn’t expecting the loss of overall grip from a polished concrete track to be more prominent on rubber over thane. (Always somthing to learn from every experience)

I can see where your experience with the SRB 3-link on a low grip slow surface would have been a marginal comparison to boosted setup.

@jack.luis is putting on a short track race July 30th in Portland. I think i will reach out to Richie and Adrian and see if they can make it. Love those guys.

7 Likes

TBH I don’t ride them daily in the street. I ride them for Track racing and T Racing. They get pushed hard every time I ride though. A bit of blue loctite on the nuts and bolt threads is all you need to stop anything coming loose.

3 Likes