Traqpod Skateboard

Ok, first up, I’d like to say that I hate the shape and the overall weirdness of it. But I can’t discount parts of its engineering workings. I think there’s stuff to be garnered here for engineering and tech related features of our esk8 future. Looks like an electrified g-bomb almost?

222-1

6 Likes

BMW street carver electrified. Neat!
It looked a bit unstable in the video, but that sure could be addressed.

4 Likes

Suspicious lack of remotes and primarily downhill footage.

7 Likes

i dont understand the benefit of folding this… its clearly long enough that you could just grab it at the front truck and drag along like a trolley - thats what i do with mine and im happy i rarely have to lift it at all

mine has the added bonus that it can balance itself standing upright on either nose or tail tho :heart:

4 Likes

I first thought that the folding trucks meant you could instantly shorten the wheelbase for tight corners and such but it’s just for easier carrying?

Totally agree with @olsyke, this seems completely unnecessary. Pretty cool tho

8 Likes

:poop: :poop: :poop:

3 Likes

in my imagination the trucks would suddenly have inverted steering if you try to ride them in folded position :thinking:

4 Likes

folding use…

4 Likes

guess im not the target audience then :joy:

if this is a thing i guess some quality brackets that let you slide the wheelbase without tools on hand would be nice - as in slide the trucks back under the board for storage use, or shorter wheelbase fun

6 Likes

I wanna like it but…it looks so dumb :flushed:

6 Likes

Dude, that’s actually a pretty sweet idea! Sounds like it’d be more stable than these folding brackets as well!

3 Likes

Please build your sliding g-bomb brackets with lock out pin adjustability immediately. Thanks.

Done yet?

6 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

it would end up as a picture in shitty-diy-and-nothing-else

you’d have to ask someone more competent for this, i still live in the stoneage, no 3d-printer and especially no cnc :joy:

2 Likes

The engineering and idea of this is super cool.

As was mentioned though I don’t see where it is electrified, they do look like hub motors but none of the video showed any electric capabilities or how it is even powered. Should be interesting to follow

3 Likes

it looks like just a push board no?

edit:
nvmnd, “electric skateboards done right”. But they r going like 5mph in that video. And they’re all pushing in the video too…now I’m confused

3 Likes

here is my suggestion for the locking pin tho… this is used to mount huge speaker arrays at an angle - has a push button to release

1 Like

You’re 88% finished. I just funded your Kickstarter. This is exciting.

5 Likes

no problem, if lego technic grade strength is enough :joy:

in a perfect world you would set the bracket angle AND wheelbase with those pins

looking at these, you could imagine where the idea goes

2 Likes

I think the vid only shows the manual version.

5 Likes