Traqpod Skateboard

I’ve seen something similar but the truck mechanism does not fold in like what you showed.

Once again i’d like to show off what @IDEA posted on his instagram sometime last year, pretty cool concept.

8 Likes

This thing is very capable load carrier. However nothing to prevent rattling while you ride.
The folding mechanism (of any kind, for esk8 application) has to be preloaded.

3 Likes

hmm these are built for acoustic applications tho, have you ever heard a line array rattle under load ?

edit: @dani (wrong reply button)

1 Like

Of course, these are preloaded by the weight of the speakers

Static load.

Does anyone knows if Linky rattles through ride?

i understand that, but there is also the weight of the rider , no ?

1 Like

Sure, add the uneven terrain, bumps and such…
I mean that’s why we secure the shit out of our batteries and internals.

1 Like

i see where youre coming from, guess im too spoiled by viennese tarmac :man_shrugging:

if its an issue you could add tension one way or another tho… but anyways it was just an idea, nothing i will try to build / test out

2 Likes

Right, but I’m guessing that’s the only one that exists.

So far, Im not sold… decks made from “premium plywood” and they have zero pics of anything electric. This is the closest I found…

2 Likes

Been thinking about an efficient folding mechanism for a while :grinning:
These are the challenging issues

4 Likes

Initially thought it was a longboard and short board in one. The wood deck on the left doesn’t look too fugly.

2 Likes

I personally dont like the idea of a folding mechanism on the trucks IF you cannot skate it the “short” way, too. Just to save space for carrying the board around is gross im2co. IF you would be able to skate BOTH sizes that would be truly awesome.
That would be really innovative and could open a new area and category for skateboards in general.
What i like is the shape of the traqpod but it looks cheep like a toy for kids and i bet the trucks wouldnt last for a day under my feet.

5 Likes
1 Like

nice “paid” review… looks like a better version of the DKP (he’s wearing an Evolve cap).
currently I’d stick with YowSurf / Smoothstar
I can’t imagine how much loss in rolling distance is to be had on this thing due to the bounciness. They need to send out more review models to serious unbiased reviewers like Lee Wright

1 Like

That’s how all YouTube reviews are. I’m used to them saying the “the raptor 2 is the best electric skateboards ever” or “the boosted board is the best electric skateboard ever”. There’s very few honest reviews out there that aren’t biased.

1 Like