trampa vertigo vs ultimate and motor mount

Hi Forum,
I’m lost in the jungle of part compatibility.
So the Vertigo has a 12mm axle and the Ultimate a 9.525mm axle.
12mm seems to be more standard on mountain boards though.
Am I running into compatibility troubles in the long run if I go with the ultimate? I saw there is an adapter to 12 as well though.

How about possible motor mounts, is the profile identical on the Hanger?

Any motor mount recommendations?

It seems like very few people here are actually going with the Trampa Pro Belt or Gear drive. What are the reasons? I plan to fit my Torqueboards 6380 Motors, and chuck it on a Prototipo.
Except for being louder and increasing the possibility of a faceplant, what are the actual advantages of a Gear drive? I remember from bikes with Pinion gear drive that it did not feel very nice compared to a chain.
Any opinions very welcome!
Thanks!

So with 9.25 mm you have the option of both 27 and 22 outer diameter bearings. Meaning you can use standard skate wheels(22mm od bearings) as well as the larger mtb hubs (mbs, trampa etc)(27mm od bearings)

Also. 9.255 or whatever is just a bullshit number made up to make it harder to find bearings. They’re just R6 standard bearings. Though the outer diameter will fit a little more snug than metric ones into your hubs. But they will fit.

12mm inner, 22mm outer bearings do exist but at like $8 each last I checked. Not to mention the small ball bearings will quickly disintegrate.

Mounts should be same as they depend on hanger not axles.

3 Likes

ah thanks, that answers a lot already!

1 Like