Best bearings for our boards...?

whoa - is that where all the whirring / creaking noises come from in my silent push boards? For the longest time, I could not put a finger to it and it’s been bothering all my skate seshs. Thanks for the tip!

I ride dry - no lubricants - is this a crime?

You just have to change bearings often and will also rust and seize easily if you ride in rain or wet roads often.

1 Like

Just want to add some feedback on a bearing experience. New build with Heady shake bearings. They have not worked out well after less than 80 miles. Two let loose while still in the hub. Two more are garbage and won’t spin. The other four(from the front) still spin but are awfully noisy. Nothing like the race reds I just received. I’m a big boy and will probably be hard on bearings, but that was awfully quick. I ordered the race reds with integrated spacers, so I’ll report back any feedback.

Moving forward, I’ll likely order stock of generic and just swap them regular. The reds were ordered due to what could be here fastest.

Here is what was left in the hub. This and a ton of black debris.

2 Likes

Sent pics of the bearing failure to Zealous a little over a month or somethin ago. They wanted the failed bearing and said they’d send a little over a pack-o-new bear rings for it.

I sent it in, neva herd bach

I got honeydik’d

They did mention something about wanting to design an esk8-centric bearing tho :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Not sure where else to put this but just here so it’s searchable

9.525mm by 22mm bearings are just R6 bearings. (Inches instead of mm). You’ll find more options from cheapos to ceramics under R6-zz for metal r6-2rs for rubber sidewalls

Just like these on Amazon for 9$ instead. 9.525 mm is harder to find options for.

Keywords: 9.5 9.525 12 mm mbs bearings ultimate truck matrix ii 2 two

5 Likes

Just regular industrial bearings with 2RS works great. ABEC 3 is enough.

3 Likes

If those are si3n4 that is silicone nitride and a lot better than full ceramic.

If u call locateballbearings.com they have them at that price. He’s trying to get rid of them and says selling them for his cost. He was hoping id take them all

1 Like

What’s the ID of them?

https://www.amazon.com/Oust-Skateboard-Skate-Bearings-Types/dp/B07NH7V5RR?th=1&psc=1

MOC 9s are unequivocally the best skate bearings on the market. Period. 7s are also good though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

They’re 608 standard skate bearings.

@kevingraehl did the knurling yielded a larger OD of the axles? I happen to have noise comming from my front truck as well.

1 Like

Yes, worked perfectly… Let me find the video

1 Like

If you pay for shipping both ways you can use my 70 dollar hand tool

8.30 for a priority box. @kevingraehl Venmo and I’ll ship today

3 Likes

I would rather buy one actually, I live in canada so shipping is out of the equation :sweat_smile:

Where did you buy it?

https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/Turning-Boring/Knurling-Tools/Knurl-Holders/Hand-Knurlers?navid=12105917

2 Likes

Are you using spacers/speed rings or built-ins? You should be able to tighten the axle nut all the way

I do 50/50. Too lazy to sometimes and not all spacers are created equal

Im using speed washers and spacers no worries… my axle bearing tolerance is just loose. I tighten all the way and it still spins perfectly :wink:

1 Like