Trampa Trademark & VESC Tool Discussions (serious)

So you would say in the Arduino world you apply measure A and in the VESC world you apply measure B. Interesting point of view.

1 Like

just sayin :shushing_face: :shushing_face:

3 Likes

Could be that we actually use original Velcro for our bindingsā€¦

4 Likes

Just like you use secret materials for your wheelsā€¦

All in all, this seems to me like blatant vendor bashing especially since you are a vendor bashing a new vendor. It because of things like this that we canā€™t expand. You keep fucking us in the rear everytime something cool threatens your trademark that nobody cares about but you.

4 Likes

No you dont. I know exactly where you get your bindings from :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

Its not about applying different rules by myself, its just simply what the community says/does. Go to hobby forums and read their posts, read posts on here, its simply just how it is right now. If it is actually the case that people generically call any microcontroller an arduino, then arduino has become generisized in that community and anyone trying to come in and seperate the terms would be annoying too?

Both YOU slated for forking the software after making so many hoops to jump throu

why dose the project not have a debranded version for people to work off if itā€™s such a big thing in your eyes?

There own website voids Franks argument

There VESC are called

VESC 6 MK IV
VESC 100/250
VESC 75/300

NO ONE is getting confused with the word VESC and TRAMPA products. Thay even use it as a category in a menu. The issue is no one has taken it to court yet. What thay wants is for people to type the word in a Search engine and get directed to there website

3 Likes

Big Oof

6 Likes

Greetings to Rob the next time you see him.

Iā€™m pretty sure they co-own the vesc trademark donā€™t they?

Seriously though people did another vendor thread really need to get destroyed by this BS

Everyone calls any vesc based hardware a ā€œVESCā€ - no one cares who it comes from. Itā€™s the same thing as calling any android phone an android. I gurantee you no apple user cares if it is samsung or huawei. Theyā€™re all just Androids.

This whole debaucle is like Kleenex vs tissue. Technically kleenex is a brand, but people even call other tissues kleenex. I get what youā€™re trying to prevent @Trampa but I really feel like other vendors public threads is not the place to do it.

10 Likes

10 Likes

If vendors start to advertise their stuff, using TMs they do not own it is the way it goes.
Its not only the HW. It is also the software. Selling the VESC-Tool software, branded as VESC-Tool for 60 USD is not what you can considre as appropriate. And selling VESC motors is way more than the TM policies allow.

The policies are pretty fair.

2 Likes

i remember the old days where people call all android phone a samsung phone, then i have to take off my phone case and show them the sony logo :rofl:

no serious tag bruh, its free real estate :rofl: :rofl:

Most new members donā€™t know about its use

3 Likes

fair point, if only there was someone here to clean up the mess :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I agree with you. The brand should use itā€™s own name for the ESC. YONGESC is fine. I donā€™t think that YONG VESC is okay ā€œaccording to trademark rulesā€

I agree, definitely not cool. But the discussion descended into oblivion like it usually does

However, I think that you should have one thread that shows proper usage of the VESC trademark on this forum. Maybe donā€™t go into new vendor threads and correct them multiple times when people really just want to see the new product. Instead, we can have one resource that shows proper use, and when someone is found in violation of said policies, direct them there with one message in their thread.

I know that really, they should be looking at this stuff in the design process, but that just isnā€™t going to happen with these Chinese vendors.

Edit: yeah it should be split but our trash collection on the forum is in congregation with each other still and havenā€™t come back out with the new mod team yet

4 Likes

I agree but thereā€™s a limit. when 60% or more of the posts in a thread have nothing to do with the topic; yeah not really kosher anymore imo.

3 Likes

it was a wrong category to start with anyway, vendor corner automactically has the serious tag for this reason. :eyes:

now back to the vesc drama

It should be split, but only mods can do that.

1 Like