Trampa Trademark & VESC Tool Discussions (serious)

Please dont post peoples private post adresses online >.< Especially without thier consent

7 Likes

Flag it and the system will remove it.

Public domain, especially in Sweden. If people wanted to know they could find out anyways.

1 Like

Still not cool to bring it into people’s faces. Doxxing and all.
Next thing you know there’s randos knocking on vedder’s door to ask about the trademark out of nowhere, and there’s some really salty peanuts on this topic capable of it

3 Likes

It’s not privat it’s the trade address it’s publicly available on all county’s the TM is registered. In this case the same county that Trampa is registered.

but I see you point edited

3 Likes

just thought id compare what is said to what Trampa do.

Rules that Apply to Trademarks In General

• A trademark should never be used as a verb or noun. A trademark should be used only as an adjective followed by the generic name/noun.

• A trademark should not be used on/for Products (e.g. circuit boards, hardware, services)

Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.35.10 Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.36.23 Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.41.39 Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.49.34

• A trademark should not be used in the plural or possessive form.

• A trademark should not be altered or amended in any way. A mark should not be combined with any other mark, hyphenated, abbreviated or displayed in parts. A trademark that is depicted as two or more words should not be compressed into one word. A logo should not be displayed with colour variations, or with other elements superimposed on top of the logo.
    Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.32.21 Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.32.29 Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.32.41 Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.32.52 Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.33.03 Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.33.17

• A trademark should not be used as your domain name or as part of your domain name.
    Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.35.10 Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.36.23 Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.41.39

• A trademark should not be used as part of your product name.
    Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.32.21 Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.32.29 Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.32.41 Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.32.52 Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.33.03 Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 21.33.17

• A trademark should not be incorporated into your company’s logos or designs.

• A trademark notice should be used on the most prominent and/or first appearance of each mark of Mr. Vedder, and a trademark notice should not be changed. In particular, a ™ should not be changed to an ® in a trademark notice by anyone other than the owner. If you are unsure about whether a mark of Mr. Vedder is registered in your country, please contact us for additional guidance as to what trademark symbol you should use.

Screenshot 2020-11-04 at 22.04.23

12 Likes

If you are not the Trademark owner or license taker…
If it is your TM, you surely want to use it.

Samsung Glaxy S10
Apple iPad,
Audi A6
Milka dark chocolate
Nike Air

Why would have a TM if you can’t use it?
Others can’t use it this way.

8 Likes

So u r the owner of the VESC™? Or license owner?

1 Like

Vedder allows us to use the TM, so we are license takers.

4 Likes

I agree that trademarks should not be used as nouns or verbs. That is why all the genericide exists with qtip, kleenex, vesc, velcro, etc.

Those are all still being used as adjectives to describe the underlying, universally known product nouns:

You referring to your vesc as “THE VESC” establishes zero brand recognition no matter how sore you make your feet stomping them.

Coincidentally, if anyone reads “THE TRAMPA VESC”, they are going to immediately associate it with your brand.

10 Likes

"The sound of Trampa farting inside an elevator full of their supporters"

8 Likes

This is an interesting point. Following the logic of those examples. It would have to be called “VESC ESC”. That’s just silly.

3 Likes

the amount of time iv been asked for PAT Test

for the unaware it makes it
(Portable Appliance Test Test)

1 Like

PR request… PIN number… RAS syndrome…

2 Likes

use vs create confession between Trampa and VESC brands

Do as I say not as I do. Never been a grate way to influence people and coming out well

2 Likes

Maybe I’m bugging. What’s the legal issue of Vedder prompting Frank to use the VESC trademark on Trampa VESC?

The way I’ve understood it is that there’s no legal issue regarding Frank/Trampa utilising the VESC trademark since they have a legal agreement with Vedder to use it in exchange for their financial investment into Vedders work.

The present issue is twofold:

1. If there is a legal agreement between Vedder and Frank then they’ve refused to prove it thus far, hence why people continuously ask Frank to prove their legal arrangement. I don’t personally think they’re under a legal obligation to prove this within a public forum, maybe I’m wrong.

2. The second issue runs much deeper. Trampa continuously uses the trademark in explicitly the way they abuse others for doing so, this isn’t a legal issue but rather they’ve attempted to trademark and establish their own ‘brand’ around a word that has universally been used by everyone for years. The constant tidal wave of empty legal threats from Frank have driven off long time contributors to the Vesc project and creators YouTube channels and thus livelihoods are being compromised with copyright strikes over some bullshit ‘misuse’ of nomenclature. The only thing this does is harm the open source ESC industry as a whole and does absolutely nothing to address the myriad of Chinese companies that actually violate the trademark and add nothing of value to the Vesc project.

That’s the issue.

15 Likes

Not sure if this has been discussed, but has anybody asked Benjamin how much it would cost to license the TM for use? (and if he’s willing to do so)

I’d bet Frank slipped exclusivity in whatever legal agreement they have. It would insane not to, given how trampa is using the TM!

1 Like

Morals! You complain about other people creating confusion then do it your self. It’s hypocritical the evidence is only a few posts above several people have shown the confusion in this topic recently. You @Trampa Frank have made it wide spread between VESC Open source project and Trampa and false claimed attacking others declaring that it’s for the protection of the project.

The smaller the enterprise the bigger the attack yet the big boys like Maytech and Enertion you just seem to avoide. Bullies like to pick on the small people is that you company policy?

3 Likes