Trampa Open Drive 🔩

Saw this video and thought I’d share. I might be late on the news but the video it self is pretty new: https://youtu.be/kiHkKYeY-rY

Looks like alot of different benefits, but the biggest one being you can adjust your belt tension with an Allen Wrench and on bolt.

Thoughts…

7 Likes

Sorry, Neil. Mixup on our end. Thanks for sharing this.

6 Likes

@danorman has just received a set of these drives from trampa and they look slick.

I’m sure he could maybe post some more detailed pics for us showing how the belt adjustment works.

8 Likes

looks like they are using a similar system to a motorcycle chain adjuster originally developed a century ago

8 Likes

True, I’ve mulled around this idea in my head from time to time. Did I ever make it? Nope, props to them for doing it.

You could make kahuas adjust similarly I reckon.

7 Likes

I’ve only partially built my board as I’m waiting on bearings and motors to arrive, but I must say these mounts look and feel incredible!

The motor is fixed onto this bracket which is then put into the mount itself

The bolt at the end of the mount adjusts the belt tension. There’s also 4 bolts that attach the motor bracket to the mount itself. You wouldn’t do these up super tight, just enough to stop it moving from side to side. The end bolt is where the magic happens.

Unscrew the end bolt, the belt is slackened. Tighten it up and the belt is tensioned. Simple really!

As soon as I have my other bits and the whole thing is assembled I’ll post more detailed pictures using my DSLR.

5 Likes

?

1 Like

that’s just “goofey”

1 Like

VAT lol

2 Likes

You win.

e: this stayed at 25 or they priced it down

2 Likes

Ohh so not 50£ for a set of mounts more like 110£ that’s more like it

fixed

3 Likes

110£ for 2 mounts and 2 Motor adapters + ~13gbp shipping = 123gbp = 135€

Does not include idler pulley, thats an extra 2x 10£, spacer for belt tensioner +2x5£ = 168€ total

And you are technically still missing screws.

You can get the complete motor mount for 75gbp x2 = 150£ + 13£ shipping = 178€

-20% if you’re outside the EU obviously. But most of the money you save without VAT you pay more since the usd stinks compared to the sterling.

4 Likes

1 Like

you can buy @moon’s unobtainium, for some of you’se fellows, 6GD for less i believe… or my maths are fukked…

2 Likes

Oooh its only 25 bucks…for one of the four fucking pieces. Jesus christ im actualltly tilted by this. You know a set costs them like 20 bucks to make…

But the desiiiiiiiiign it took… Ugh fucking kill me.

3 Likes

Really dig the design for street use but off-road hell naaa :sweat_smile: Currently use open belt drive (not trampas) and I can just ride in totally dry conditions otherwise the mud and dirt packs up between the teeth of the pulley and the belt snaps because of the extra tension it causes.

But damn I like that tensioner would be killer on a street board. For real off-road its chain or geardrive :ok_hand:

1 Like

UPS hits me up for an additional $60 every time I order from Trampa. That’s after paying Trampa their shipping charges. It’s well over $100 in shipping to order from them, and UK export duties on electric vehicles makes ordering a fully built board from them like $500 more. They would kill it if they opened a US location.

3 Likes

that would be totally legit.

@Trampa got plans to expand globally in the next 5-10 years?

2 Likes