Trampa Joystick - Joystick faulty - Please read manual for assistance

Replace with a decent remote. Live happily ever after.

9 Likes

May I suggest this one:

I literally threw one of those in the bin yesterday. This is the 21st century dude, keep up.

3 Likes

I had such high hopes for that remote. Now, where did I put that Puck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No chance, I’m not a fan of buying a bunch of shit in the hope that one of the components I buy and replace fixes the issue.

1 Like

Have been hearing great things about the zmote too. Don’t sleep on that one.

2 Likes

love my Zmote,fantastic

2 Likes

Massive pun inbound… I just pulled the trigger on this trigger-style remote.

Have I started a journey in buying an Evolve :crazy_face:

3 Likes

The guy who made the zmote is working on a dual trigger version, so your evolve dreams may come true!

Keen to hear your thoughts on it!

I can’t wait to see some one get that remote and use it to implement “tank” steering / torque steering on a build. It would be the first step to expanding esk8 into reliable/easy drifting methods

Shame the only fix for my trampa wand is to bend over cross my fingers and open wallet in the hopes that it won’t dump me and give me another concussion.

I find it disturbing that my notoriously sketchy flipsky vx2 is more reliable than a supposed premium remote, which is shit because I like the physical design, but I just can’t justify (or afford) the cost of replacing the guts of the damn thing.

1 Like

Just order a new potentiometer and change it, takes 10 mins. They changed them and touch wood in nearly 2 years and lots of mud later the changed one it spot on.

2 Likes

YES SUPERBOWL PUNDAY!!

1 Like

Sounds like a plan, if I wasn’t getting lubricated with the shipping costs.

Screenshot 2023-02-07 045136

1 Like

jesus christ. try emailing them to get a lower shipping cost

2 Likes

Looks about right for DHL express shipping. They do a damn good job at getting stuff overseas fast and with minimal or no damage at all to the packages, but it comes at price. I’d email and ask if there is any way they could use a different provider or a cheaper option from DHL since there shouldn’t be any issues with a remote getting damaged beyond use in shipping.

I have given DHL so much money the last few years and have received so many pristine shipping boxes when they delivered the packages

DHL is the absolute worst. If they don’t turn your package into a mishapen football they will straight up loose it and still bill you 3x-4x of it’s value in undisclosed fees.

Worst shipping company I’ve ever had the displeasure of having to deal with.

1 Like

No Royal Mail option? They had it last time I ordered.

As someone who ships a lot of parcels every week for the last 2 years I have found this to absolutely not be the case. All over the world they have excelled. Out of thousands of parcels, not one lost or late one. UPS on the other hand were absolutely diabolical. And horrible to deal with when things invariably went wrong.

3 Likes