Trampa Joystick - Joystick faulty - Please read manual for assistance

Hello folks,

I kinda feel bad for starting a new topic for something that seems to be simple. I searched high and wide in the esk8 forum history although like U2 - I still haven’t found what I’m looking for…

And before anyone asks… yes I spent some time on the Trampa site navigating my way around to no avail.

So, has there been anyone here with this error message, and what’s the remedy?

1 Like

@Trampa ? any help?

1 Like

Their site being shit probably doesn’t help. :weary:

Bumping this thread for the afternoon folks in hopes someone else knows how to fix it and didn’t see it yet

1 Like

Replace a part. Probably the potentiometer (or hall sensor) idk what’s inside that thing but a faulty sensor means replace said sensor. A deeper issue would be too labour intensive to be worth fixing.

Replace with a decent remote. Live happily ever after.

9 Likes

May I suggest this one:

I literally threw one of those in the bin yesterday. This is the 21st century dude, keep up.

3 Likes

I had such high hopes for that remote. Now, where did I put that Puck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No chance, I’m not a fan of buying a bunch of shit in the hope that one of the components I buy and replace fixes the issue.

1 Like

Have been hearing great things about the zmote too. Don’t sleep on that one.

2 Likes

love my Zmote,fantastic

2 Likes

Massive pun inbound… I just pulled the trigger on this trigger-style remote.

Have I started a journey in buying an Evolve :crazy_face:

3 Likes

The guy who made the zmote is working on a dual trigger version, so your evolve dreams may come true!

Keen to hear your thoughts on it!

I can’t wait to see some one get that remote and use it to implement “tank” steering / torque steering on a build. It would be the first step to expanding esk8 into reliable/easy drifting methods

Shame the only fix for my trampa wand is to bend over cross my fingers and open wallet in the hopes that it won’t dump me and give me another concussion.

I find it disturbing that my notoriously sketchy flipsky vx2 is more reliable than a supposed premium remote, which is shit because I like the physical design, but I just can’t justify (or afford) the cost of replacing the guts of the damn thing.

1 Like

Just order a new potentiometer and change it, takes 10 mins. They changed them and touch wood in nearly 2 years and lots of mud later the changed one it spot on.

2 Likes

YES SUPERBOWL PUNDAY!!

1 Like

Sounds like a plan, if I wasn’t getting lubricated with the shipping costs.

Screenshot 2023-02-07 045136

1 Like

jesus christ. try emailing them to get a lower shipping cost

2 Likes