TRAMPA IR Twin Main Pin Skid Plate Truck

I feel confident you would have been teasing us

3 Likes

bru the fuck you chatting your literally using stainless kingpins not 12.9, even if they were din 12.9 kingpins they would still be weak.

4 Likes

giphy-1

6 Likes

When did Apex started developing this new stye of truck? Was it after the event in the Netherlands in 2019 where Jens raced this style around the track?

Forget that copy argument! And forget the story about inventiveness. The principle has a looooooong history, starting way before Apex as a brand even existed.

You can not claim that truck principle as yours and cry if others also make such trucks. The truck principle is public domain.

1 Like

7 Likes

Someone is really but hurt of his apex trucks

1 Like

Further update. More riding done and I have probably clocked 100 miles on these already. absolutely hammered the trucks on the trails today. Been over rocks roots and some pretty big tabletops and doubles and they are performing well.
I loosened the bushings off a bit and they were great around tighter twisty sections while still maintaining stability on landings. Still getting used to the feel of them after thousands of miles on channels.

I will check the kingpins but I can’t see any sign of them bending or deforming maybe over time they will fatigue and fail but I doubt it. I hit a tree stump that flipped me over stopping the board dead but the trucks just shrugged it off.

4 Likes

i love stairs

wow, I didn’t realize you guys were at it on 2 different threads at the same time :joy:

2 Likes

Whatcha running on that?

You Kingpins are as tough as it gets. It’s just a made up story, a cheesy attempt to throw dirt at a competing product. They haven’t even seen or touched them.

Kiteboarders use stainless bolts to prevent rust (beach, salt) and even they last ages. Carbon steel 8.8 or 12.9 bolts are way stronger will last a truck life. And that’s what you truck features.

I’m glad you enjoy the new trucks! Good to see them out in the wild!

1 Like

What grade/class is the stainless you use? I thought 18-8 and A4 were still pretty soft

For kingpins we use carbon steel, not stainless.
12/50, 14/50, IR all use carbon steel.

A2 stainless is mostly used in salty environments.
A2 is typically 1.4301 steel.

1 Like

Oh my bad

Airs :crazy_face:
would test the aIRs but they’re to heavy

wanna see someone with em go up n down stairs on 6.5” tires with em! see how they compare

3 Likes

If it displays stainless, we will change that. Probably a linking issue.

Not sure why there’s really any comparisons going on between the weight of complete setups between Apex and Trampa. Apex are DIY enthusiasts who use mostly lighter product options from other brands to make their complete offering.

Trampa released the IR because there is demand for that style of truck, this is how business works, supply and demand. There are significant differences which will make the IR ride differently when compared to the Air

Options are a good thing.

3 Likes

brb, buying an iphone so I can watch this

5 Likes

No one is arguing that except trampa when someone is selling square ESCs and plastic rimq with aluminum spokes.

:rofl: your profile description is so funny

6 Likes

is late for me but i’ll upload it to youtube in the morn for you or something :yum: