TRAMPA IR Twin Main Pin Skid Plate Truck

because not tested at all :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

There’s finally some real feedback from someone who’s ridden the IR trucks. Its worth considering that he works for Trampa so probably got them free and cant really give them negative review.

“My slightly biased opinion on them . . is . . . . that they work”

Really glowing review right there.

10 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

so… remove the slight bias altogether… and they kinda don’t work?

9 Likes

“i wont be running the for very long by my employer wants you to go buy some”

2 Likes

Idk he said afterwards that “they’re great!” and “set the bushings up for your riding style” and that “you should go buy them”

So obviously you just buy them blindly

2 Likes

i mean… you can bushing yourself into drag racing on dkps.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Maybe with metal bushings lmao

You could just put metal in the boarside bushing and make them into tkp’s lol

2 Likes

Only a Sith deals in absolutes…

:eyes:

6 Likes

It was kind of funny that for a Trampa product, they used the song Paranoid.

Not just for the title, but for the fact that Black Sabbath wrote that song in like ten minutes, as an afterthought.

11 Likes

Also odd that sonny, who put out the first images on his insta story before any official trampa announcement, has now uploaded a review on his personal YouTube before an official trampa video.

3 Likes

Lol that is pretty weird

I have some and I really like them so much so I’m going to get another set for my spur gear board soon. They’re stable and absorb a lot more vibration than channel trucks meaning I can ride faster over really rough terrain. They’re good over jumps so no wobbling on landing and I like the extra width. I set mine up stiffer than the barrels on my channel trucks but can still rail round corners well.
I guess they suit my riding style on the standard 95a bushes.
I know you guys came up with the apex airs and I would have bought a set but both my spur gear and obd mounts wouldn’t fit without opening them out and fettling them to fit so the 19.5mm profile made sense for me. I like both the drive systems I have so changing to something I could fit to apex airs wasn’t really an option and it would have been even more expense.

I’m not a trampa employee I bought them with my own money and the above statement is my honest opinion.

10 Likes

I think this is really the only reason anyone would buy them… otherwise you’re just getting a rushed copycat product that grampa had absolutely no interest in pursuing until they felt left out.

Rushed by their own admission IMO, virtually no bushing options and a copout for no recommendations. Can’t imagine how that would be possibility unless you literal only focus was pumping something out just to be like the cool kids.

And conversely that’s a main reason grampa used that profile as opposed to sticking with the 22x22, since it was starting to gain popularity, so we can’t ever all get along. They’re far from the only ones guilty of trying to marking everything proprietary tho.

7 Likes

Completely get what you’re saying, I haven’t seen any other testing of these trucks on videos etc. I was in the market for some new trucks as one set of my channel trucks had worn the holes larger on the hangers, only marginally but enough to make the bushings quite loose after a hard ride. I got fed up with changing the bushes every few hours.
These came out and they fit what I have so I went for it and was pleasantly surprised. I wouldn’t even care if they felt exactly the same as my channel trucks minus the bushings that wear. I also agree that there isn’t any info or guidance on bushing setups. But I’m happy with how they ride.
I can only speak from my own experience and have never tried any other PKP trucks. All I can say is I like them so far.

6 Likes

Yeah, man, gonna be stealing this.

8 Likes

Oh shit, that’s what that is? I opened it and was like “wtf? Why is there a Wii Nunchuk in the mail?”

3 Likes

Lmao wow

1 Like

Nice to hear some real feedback.

Any chance of some pictures of your setup to put this thread back on track.

I hope the images have uploaded correctly. You will have to excuse me if not, I have only started using the forum recently.

Stock 95a bushes board and truck side, preloaded about 2 and a half threads on the nuts.
Attached to obd 13/66 160kv. And phatlads wheels. The phatlads add a little more width due to the offset.

There may be a better bushing setup that I will explore further down the line but as I said they feel good to me.

By the way I am a fan of apex and If I had a drive system to suit I would have a set of apex airs and I may well do in the future.

9 Likes