Trampa Gummies: What and Why They Are

They sell airless 6x2’s to replace pneumatic scooter tyres, has anyone tried to mount these on a skate?

Isnt that the backfire ranger?

This. The core needs to be bonded to the thane.
I dont talky like the idea of thane wrapped around a hub.
Also 110mm full urethane is heavy as is. If we wanna go much bigger a larger core is a must.

1 Like

Backfire wheels are ariless? Might be worth a try. But I’d be more likely to try and convince @boardnamics to make lighter pulleys for the dickyho wheel

Just need pom. Hit up Janux-esk8

From the backfire website:

• 6.5 Inch Wheels with Hub Motors and Replaceable Thickening Honeycomb Airless Rubber Tires

zipties! so this was what you ment @torqueboards xD

@saturn_corp maybe try with a metal version ? just make sure with some diy finesse they cant cut into the tire

1 Like

Its not his problem, but mine…
My solution was to sell the gummies to somene who won’t care about the 30mph speed limit, lol. I got some @torqueboards pneumatics coming tomorrow to replace these puppies, I can’t wait.

Going to slime the crap out of them a la @Saturn_Corp :+1:

3 Likes

Is a core absolutely needed? Or could some of the thane act as a core. If there was just a core instead of hubs it would give a bit extra thane since the edge of the rims are a bit in the way, don’t know much on the deep parts of skateboard wheel mechanics like core and stability.

Large core=small hub?
In any case It either needs to be bonded to the core or have some radial fibers that keep it from expanding at speed

I feel less like an idiot now riding around on Razor go kart wheels. No, they don’t separate at 30mph 🖼 Pictures and nothing else!

Are you aware of what material could be used as a bond for this? Expoxy?

So a 100% urethane wheel? No core?
I don’t see how this would work. How would you press bearings in? How would pulleys attach?

No. Thane is soft. (At least the good stuff)
Bearings need a solid seat to stay true.
Also pulleys need something solid to attach to.
Bolt going straight through urethane is very 2016.

I’m unclear what you’re trying to accomplish.

Other forum ppl said urethane bonds good to urethane, maybe a hard duro urethane core, then just softer outside? Went back to the other forum for info on this.

But what’s the benefit? What’s wrong with current abecs/tb/Kegel cores that you’re trying to improve on?

What happens in the cold. Seems like close to the same issue that the 6in thane wheels from DIYEBoard had.

3 Likes

What a shame. I was really hoping for my upcoming build to have the option to switch between pnumies and the gummies, doesn’t really seem like a safe option after reading through this thread.

Would you guys say the main issue is that the thane is not bonded to the core? Anybody tried to glue/epoxy the gummies on to the hub? It’d be a bitch to get off, but maybe worth it if you’ve got a spare set of hubs.

Probably bc it isnt bonded

That could help probably, don’t think anyone has tried that

I might try this, but I’m waiting on @Trampa to offer some insight. I feel like as a customer I deserve some kind of answer to @Saturn_Corp 's.question, which be basically asked on my behalf .

Where’s @Kellag? I know he hates gummies… come on in and have a shitpost, Kellen!

3 Likes