Trampa Gummies: What and Why They Are

I mean they held up fine this time but do you think it’ll get worse as they wear in? what happens if you take the corner at high speeds?

In a parking lot in San Diego

What speed was this happening at?

0mph.
Basically a bench test. Not full throttling

Yeah, so he’s talking about that board…

@Trampa:
As much as it pains me to admit it, I can coroborate @Saturn_Corp and @Skunk 's observations because they were the gummies I bought for my latest build. I really wanted them to work because I can’t afford flats on my way to work, but gummies definitely should be kept under 30mph. For most, this is not an issue, but for me, tjey’ll have to go on a slower build. I would love to see an airless tire that is light and fast. So far my dickyho’s are plenty fast, but kinda heavy in comparison to the gummies

4 Likes

Was definitley full throttle no-load speed. Under load it only started to float on me above 30mph

2 Likes

Glad I only have my build geared for slightly over 30

1 Like

I hit 30 last night with the airless dickyho. No issues at all

3 Likes

Really full throttle?
I felt like I saw it right away. But that is unloaded after all.
I wouldn’t say they are unusable, but I’d be mindful at high speed

Yeah so far, that’sthe ticket for me. I just wish the wheel pulley was lighter

So… unusable then lol

1 Like

Not to shit on gummies but also you kinda feel a bit of roads since the hubs. Hopefully I can actually make some full thane gummie clones.

Guys, guys, I think this can be fixed with a couple zip ties lmao.

But there are no holes in Gummies like
1181c50c30f9f20de53e45f12c1606f5eec66798_2_689x390

5 Likes

To be fair, 30mph is speed demon territory. Most will probably be fine with a 30mph speed limit, lol

5 Likes

I wonder if @trampa can incorporate some radial fibers in the rubber to keep the tyre from expanding?

2 Likes

Yah we were spitballing some ideas and came up with that. I think it would be a great solution.

I think the max I took them was around 42 km/h, 26 mph, but will test this next time I put them on, on the bench obviously

1 Like

You think it could just be full thane, no hub? or is the inner part too narrow. Been thinking about this.

Sounds like TB110’s… full thane no hub…
I like the idea of a hub. Seems lighter by design.

1 Like

Large core 125mm abecs or something could be cool.

3 Likes