Trampa Gummies: What and Why They Are

30 is pretty fast. The Gummies probably have their limit around that speed. We did some very fast runs on a redicolous fast board, but in general top speed is not what we are mad about. For most users 25 mph is plenty fast already.

1 Like

Maybe for MTB, but for a presumably high end street board using thane/Gummies? Iā€™d expect any higher end custom board I build to be capable of at least 35mph.

Good info to know, I wanted them to work out for me but ultimately I donā€™t love how they ride. They feel much more rigid than 97mm 78duro thane

Strikers all day for me.

7 Likes

My first esk8 went 35mph day one. I feel like 30mph is the minimum top speed for the vast majority on here. Thatā€™s why we diy because pre build boards barely go 25mph.

6 Likes

Thanks for the reply!
I agree that most wont go that fast, but as @Skunk says, this community really pushes the envelope, otherwise we would all be riding production boards. What Iā€™d really like to see is a large diameter wheel that CAN go fast and canā€™t pop. Do you have any recommendations for helping gummies exceed 30mph before I try gluing them onto the hub?

Is some kind of fiber reinforcement during the casting process out of the question?

Cheers!

4 Likes

Strikers?

1 Like

Go-to ā€œqualityā€ AT wheel for me.

5 Likes

Niceā€¦
Sadly, all pneumatic tires have a risk of deflating, a risk that I prefer to eliminate if possible as I ride to work on my boards. And I am always finding gnarly staples and nails in my tires during my commutes.

1 Like

Airless ones?

1 Like

i think a reasonable street wheel should be atleast safe for 55km/h and then added safety margin on top, anything else would be asking for trouble

@torqueboards how far (fast) can i trust the new 110s i wonder in this context ?

I mean technically and legally speaking most places have laws about us going over 25 miles per hour on our boards anyways.
So itā€™s not entirely surprising that some parts arenā€™t made to go faster than that.
But at the same time I wanna go faster lol

5 Likes

@olsyke Iā€™ve heard of people going 40+ overā€¦

4 Likes

Itā€™s hard to compare solid urethane with a hub urethane.
Hell Iā€™ve gone almost 40 on Bones skate wheels.

6 Likes

not that i really was worried there, but thanks for your input :heart:

1 Like

This is a pretty valid point.

But Iā€™d be bored to tears if my boards topped out at 25.

IMO, The moment you can fearlessly full throttle a board, youā€™ve outgrown it as a rider.

9 Likes

You people are fucking insane I feel like I am going to die when I go higher than 25mph. I canā€™t imagine how many bones you would break if you were to fall at 35+

4 Likes

Sad but true.
I will say this in @Trampa 's defense: the machined work that I got (esp. the wheel pulleys) from him are immaculate. Partly because of the quality of the rest of the wheel that I really want these to work. I might be desperate enough to try and glue themā€¦:nauseated_face:

5 Likes

where do you put cornering in that equation ? full throtteling on a straight line doesnt really mean anything in my book

3 Likes

Usually right at the point in the course where Iā€™ve got to turn?

I just mean that if I hop on a board and can easily push it to its limits, I know my time with it is limited until it gets rebuilt to raise the ceiling.

This is based on personal preference & riding style, but I regularly push 35+mph (as in, every single day I ride) at this point. My three Carvers top-speed around 40-45. I like having some speed ceiling left to scare me.

Also, Iā€™m not sure I go anywhere in a straight line. I ride like a big road hogging asshole. On channels maintaining a light rhythmic carve at higher speeds actually adds stability for me.

Donā€™t judge my kinks.

8 Likes

thats a mindset i can appreciate, i feel the same thats why theres stronger motors on the way to me, alltough it seems im not as hardboiled as you are yet :joy:

my point was just throtteling hard but not being able to take corners at speed doesnt make a good rider to me, doesnt include you it seems :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Do few tests with multiple glues inside the wheel first, I have a feeling that few ones will actually adhere to the polyurethane, it has to be heat resistant and flexible

2 Likes