- 1x TRAMPA HS11 deck
- 2x TRAMPA VERTIGO trucks
- 4x TRAMPA EXTERNAL STRAIGHT 10/59 SPUR GEAR DRIVE drivetrains
- 4x 9 INCH MEGASTAR hubs
- 4x 9 INCH PRIMO STRIKER tyres
- 2x FSESC 6.6 DUAL controllers (I’ve used 5 of them, killed only one but it was my fault)
- 2x METR PRO
- 4x ESKATING.EU 6374 190kv motors
- 1x MULTICOMP MC001291 250x200x130mm box
- 2x HAMMOND 1590XXBK 145x131x39mm boxes (for ESCs)
- 4x TURNIGY GRAPHENE PANTHER 6000mAh 6S 75C battery packs
- 1x HK GT2B transmitter
- 2x HK-GT2 waterproof receivers
- 8AWG and 10AWG TURNIGY cable
- 23.7 kg (more than expected)
- Front and back dual ESCs are independents : 1 receiver for each ; two 6Ah 6S in series (12S for each) ;
- VESC-Tool 1.19 official firmware ;
- FOC ;
- Battery max : 99A, min : -40A ;
- Motor max : 62-67A, min : -40A ;
- Custom positive ramping time : 0.10 sec ;
- Throttle expo : +20% ;
- Traction control : ON.
- First, I had a lot of bugs and troubleshooting while trying to set the ESCs with VESC-Tool for android (HUAWEI P30 PRO) : bad firmware unexpected warnings, can connection issues and slave ESC not found, bad FOC detection with motor dysfunction ; at the end I stopped wasting time and used latest software available for MacOS ;
- I ran FOC detection with gear drive assembled because it takes to much time to disassemble, then I don’t know if motor max amp is correct because older ESKATING.EU 6374 190KV motor got 73-74 max amps in VESC-Tool ;
- I only rode it once today ;
- METR data for one of the two FSESC 6.6 DUAL :
- CONS :
- Heavy as hell, yet small jumps are possible thanks to the pop of TRAMPA deck ;
- I definitely lack power in acceleration. Rear drive dual 80100 130kb has way more power (with official firmware). I wish I had as much power as @Duffman 4WD Heavy Duty Offroad Monster Board (https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/4wd-heavy-duty-offroad-monster-board-vesc-c6364-sensored-12s30ah-10kw/20783). I’m going to try ACKMANIAC firmware because it usually gives to me better riding experience than official firmware with 6364-6374 motors. I’m dreaming of a 4WD build with ROXXY 12S ESC and 6374 SK3 motors.
- PROS :
- I’m now the king of the forest, destroying dead tree branches, although it’s not easy to go on the hilly areas ;
- Motor temperature is always low, what is a big advantage ! I didn’t exceeded 50°C during a 25 min ride where I usually reach 85°C in less than 15 min ;
- Braking is the safest with this build ;
- I was afraid turning would be a problem with 4WD 9 inch wheels, but actually turning radius is very good.
- A nice build when you already have a 2WD light build ;
- REAL all terrain build ;
- I NEED MORE POWER.
Some comment about the MEGASTAR hubs. They look really nice, but I expected them to turn more precisely.
@Trampa, please take a look at my goofy front left wheel, it turns very bad!! What do you think about that? I don’t think I can improve that with counter weight bolts. Faulty MEGASTAR hub?