TRAMPA-FS SGD AWD mountainboard

Your attention to detail is awesome. We just need wafer thin 1000ah batteries now :grimacing:

4 Likes

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Yesterday I tested Max +100A et Min -50A everywhere, with +25% Throttle Curve.

Now I get too much power. Hard to control.

What is strange is that I feel more power, but Metr log prompts almost the same values, despite I rode on steeper areas :

Motors almost didn’t get hotter than me (41°C).

Flipsky dual ESCs stayed cool (29°C max).

I’ve met the real king of the forest, that made me fly at 24 km/h.

I killed those little “M3 Male Female Anti Vibration Rubber Mounts”. They are shit. I won’t use them anymore and have have replaced them.

Some bolts at the side of bindings scrapped ESC power cables. I repaired them with Sugru and made some improvement, so that HXT 8mm connectors won’t move.

I have to protect top of Lipos because it got scrapped by XT-90 connectors.

I have enough power and everything stay cool enough to try bigger (I would prefer LARGER) wheels. :smiley:

5 Likes

You can play around with the ramping times

By increasing the limits you made it ramp faster, this may be why it feels more powerful

2 Likes

36.8A, that is per motor right? Not for the whole dual?
In that case it’s a pretty decent value already. Maybe you could draw a few amps more on the low end if you sharpen up the throttle or the ramping?

1 Like

I know this guy! He is over here as well… wasn’t as much of a comfortable landing for me last time thou…
Hope you ok!

2 Likes

I’m not sure… Honestly I don’t really understand how motor(s?) can see more amps than battery give to it…

1 Like

It’s because of the duty cycle. At 10% duty cycle, say the motor sees 100A. These 100A will be pretty constant as the current recirculates through the windings on another path, determined by the switching of the mosfets. The battery on the other hand will only supply 100A 10% of the time, giving an average of only 10A that it “sees”. So you could say that motor current is the only things that matters really and that is constant. Battery current varies all the time with duty cycle.

4 Likes

Can you explain me that?

1 Like

Small piece of tree stuck out of the ground with some :maple_leaf: on top so I could see it just when it was too late.
Front motor mount got hit hard and I made a front flip hitting shoulder first into the ground followed by a 24kg board which hit me quite good as well

6 Likes

Hope it went well. But when I fall that’s when I really felling Alive.

1 Like

I was packed up well so luckily I came away with only two weeks of shoulder pain.
Still hope somebody of the people around me in the park made a video… I’m sure it looked very professional :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Fuck cancerigenic tyres don’t fit !!

I need 9 inch mudd plugger tyres :sweat_smile: Primo striker definitely lack grip.

@Trampa (and others) : would you think that 10 inch tractor tyres would have better grip off riding?

Also, what differs with same looking aliexpress cheaper types?

2 Likes

The 9" Mud Pluggers are indeed very nice and provide plenty of grip at a good weight/size ratio.
Cheaper tires may have different, cheaper material compound, have different casing material, TPI rating, Ply rating etc. For a sack barrow these things don’t matter, but at 50km/h they do matter.
Another thing could be compliance, use of nasties etc. In my experience the cheap tires often have a bad smell when you open the package. I ordered quite a few samples over the years and it was always the one thing that I noticed. Some tires smell like tires, others smell different/bad.
Some samples I received had very hard rubber, splitting up after some use (plastic mixed into the rubber).

4 Likes

I can’t tell you how good the Chinese tired hold up at 50km/h because I do not ride them that fast, but the ones you posted do smell good.
I got as well a set of the 10“ which didn’t fit for you and they didn’t smell good :sweat_smile: not horrible, but also not like good tires would smell.

If you don’t need the extra clearance I personally would go with the 9“ mud plugger.
Maybe @Trampa can give a bit more detailed answer, but I think the width between the 9“ and the 10“ mentioned above isn’t really of a big difference.

As comparison here the 9“ mbs vs 10“ Ali tires (ignore the blue 8“ :wink:)

4 Likes

My mom complained about the smell of my MBS Vines. And they do smell.:joy:

4 Likes

The Mud Plugger has a very grippy profile that does not clog up easily. I would need to look up the exact weight. The Mud Plugger is definitely a lot lighter.

2 Likes

True! I can not keep that tyres at home, or it smells everywhere

1 Like

9’’ MBS types look wider than 10’’ Ali tyres?

1 Like

The 10“ still wider but as you can see on the picture I hope it’s not really much

1 Like

Vidéo in forest with 9 INCH PRIMO STRIKER tyres

(fuck why in youtube quality is so bad…)

For next sessions : 9 inch MUD-PLUGGER Tyre

9 Likes