Trampa 12s7p, VESC6, 6374 sk8, e-toxx mini gear drive

Still jealous!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Air time

Landing

9 Likes

I bet you have some neighbors who think your the hob gobblin lol
Thats so dope, what stiffness did you get? Im 225lbs and those landings look like your hitting the ground. Do you think there is a way to either stiffen up the deck by a bunch and or get an air shock?
I need one of these for my next board thanks for the inspiration!

1 Like

16ply.
I weigh 80kg

If I stand on 16ply, it wouldn’t flex at all, because I’m 67 kg :joy:

3 Likes
1 Like

Nice concave @taz. How is the printed pads holding? U had any issues at all? Really like the look of ur deck.

No problems so far.

1 Like

Hi mate, I’ve got a friend in the process of printing some concave pads for my Trampa. (I will “tip” Johnny once successfully installed)

Just wondering if you can give me any advice or tips with regards to putting the griptape over the top? I’ve never griptaped anything before, does the griptape stretch well over curved end of the pads? Does it need warming to allow some stretch?

EDIT: I have googled how to apply griptape, but seeing as the ends arent flush with the deck, I’d like any tips you can offer that are specific to this job :wink:

1 Like

You can also check this thread, there is a thingiverse link with more information (also applies to the johnny pads) and ive made a video on the process.

1 Like

Thanks bro. I did read that thread and really appreciate the time you took to write it. The video is a bit “fast” to properly see how you fixed the grip tape. I’ll continue this message in that thread though so the answers can help others :wink:
Thanks again

2 Likes

What exactly is your problem with the grip tape?
It’s not wide enough?
If yes, than just rotated it 90degree, cut the right length, glue it and cut the outer shape off.
You need grip tape only where your feets are. No need to cover the whole deck.
You could also come up with a grip tape design, like cutting hexagons or something like this.

The grip tape will be just fine (not even got it yet), but it’s 9"x33", so no problem there. Just planning ahead so I’m read to roll (pun intended) when it gets here.

Maybe I’m over-thinking it, but I’m concerned that it may try and crease at the point where the concave transitions to the “slope down” then flat section near the centre of the board. But again, if griptape has some stretch (like vinyl wrapping), then I’m sure it’ll be fine.
Also, my grip tape has a design printed on it, so mildly concerned about warping the design when fitting it.

1 Like

Grip tape doesn’t really stretch, and if you aren’t careful, you can create air bubbles in the low points.

Hopefully somebody speaks up who’s done it, as it’s in my future as well.

1 Like

Have a look in this thread

2 Likes

I did not face any particular problems with applying the grip tape.
Just start from the middle and work your way to the edges.
Make sure you place the double sided tape right on the outside edge of the concave pads so there is no visible gap between them and the deck.

2 Likes

Thanks mate.

1 Like

Deck swap to the stiff Bro deck

Almost done and I took it for a quick ride.

Here are some initial thoughts:

The longer wheelbase makes it less agile than the Trampa but this is to be expected. I don’t know if I have enough clearance to go with the short wheelbase.

The wider deck is very comfortable. The factory concave feels perfect not too much.

The deck is stiff (of course it is genius, you bought the stiff version :roll_eyes:).
This makes it very stable at speeds but not as comfortable as the Trampa on rough terrain.

As far as jumping goes, you lose a lot of pop compared to the Trampa. On the other hand landings are a breeze. With the Trampa landings are sketchy AF and if you don’t stick the landing perfectly, the deck twists and takes you wherever you have your foot pressure. With the Bro it just lands itself.

That’s it for now.

8 Likes

Put some risers on and try the shorter wheelbase. That’s what I have done. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We will see.
I want to get a feel for the board as it is, then I will start playing with various setups.

2 Likes