"Trail Blazer" My Trampa / MBS Hybrid ATB

I’m sorry I didn’t realize that until now :man_facepalming:

1 Like

So I don’t think Dual Lock is working, something to do with the extreme flex of the deck. Might have to bolt it down Trampa style

2 Likes

b1a74481877ccdbd8ebec41ea0426669a214f991_2_281x500

6 Likes

Battery box has been bolted down a-la Trampa style with Clevis pins and clips. It’s not going anywhere but it does tilt forward and backward a few degrees and hits the deck which will make a racket over any bumpy terrain. Wouldn’t have been a problem if I didn’t grind off the feet. Live and learn.

I’m going to use old bushings as replacement feet for the box.

5 Likes

Just pump that s*** full of silicone or hot glue lol

1 Like

42 real world is awesome man, turns out Dr. @Arzamenable doesn’t just help sick people he helps sick boards.

6 Likes

Jk of the day and made my day!:rofl:

2 Likes

I had some of those too but decided that the rattling might drive someone nuts… but u are on chains, so moot concern.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Why pins instead of a pan head and nylock?

1 Like

Seemed an interesting way to do it. I suppose I also don’t have to use tools if I want to take it off.

1 Like

Hmm, its definitely interesting. I used to have mechanical brakes on my longboard with those pins keeping the main lever bar anchored and I lost both of them after about 100 miles. If you use a bolt you can at least tighten it so the bushings are in compression and it will wobble less

2 Likes

It’s under a fair bit of pressure already. I had to really squeeze to get the clip in the 3rd hole on the pin and while it’s not as tight as a nut and bolt can be it should be fine. I just wonder how long the hot glued bushings will stick.

You should put the bushings on the pins holding the box

3 Likes

Haha, first do no harm. :grimacing:

“Paging dr deadshort”

6 Likes

Changed battery amps from 60 to 80, really rips now.

On another note, the griptape I put on the Yobis absolutely destroys my shoe laces after a few rides. I’ve gone through like 5 on one foot already.

5 Likes

Yaass queen

1 Like

where did you get the grey giant box?

Would you say the “pelican” type boxes are better? (ease of use, more robust, convenience, etc)

I got the old one from polycase. A bit pricey but it was a good box. Just wish they included hex bolts instead of Phillips

1 Like

Having a latching hinged lid is so much more friendly though. Don’t have to worry about bolts, it just closes and opens.

2 Likes