"Trail Blazer" My Trampa / MBS Hybrid ATB

I dibbed my emergency savings for my build. But I payed the half of my loan back.

2 Likes

Did you get next day shipping at least?

1 Like

Rear tires have been replaced and reslimed.

7 Likes

Unity is here! Setup was super easy through the app but the max battery discharge makes me question if it’s total amps split between each motor, or amps total.

The big ass @Arzamenable battery is in the corner of my room waiting for jb weld to harden around the output wire hole. Gonna test ride the unity on lips for tonight.

Wired up the included switch to short itself. Now it turns on with connecting the xt90s connector how I like it. Don’t wanna make another hole for a switch and have to waterproof that too.

9 Likes

Ride went good. FOC I think it is set to? It definitely sounds different, more of a whine than a bldc scream. Quieted down the board at 5mph tons but the sound of chains take over once you get goin’. It is probably a bit quieter overall and it feels a little different too. Not sure how to put my finger on it, but smoother I would say. Less cogging at low speed unsensored and a throttle curve I get to adjust. I’ve never messed with that before so it should be fun.

7 Likes

Amps in total is what bioboards told me. Glad you’re liking it. Make sure to throw on traction control and update firmware.

2 Likes

Davega is operational again. Topping off the battery now and tomorrow I get to truly explore the parks and trails surrounding my town.

6 Likes

Excited to hear back about the first ride

1 Like

Did you change the settings much compared to your old battery/ESC combo ?

Thought I remember you saying you had fairly modest settings before.

Curious if you’re going a bit more aggressive this time around

1 Like

Was running 30 batt amps per motor and doing the same now. Before I was limited to 80 total with the TB pack but now I’ve got way more than I need to work with.

2 Likes

13e

I want to see you doing wheelies

5 Likes

Always nice when there’s new gear on the board and you get to try it out by making a nice ride :slight_smile:

And btw you can easily run 50 amps per motor now I think :smirk:

2 Likes

Wake up Joe. Time to go ride.

5 Likes

7:47 am in the morning.:joy:

4 Likes

Yah but it’s still cold outside. Give me another couple hours

2 Likes

The warm-up phase till midnight. Maybe then he’s ready for a ride.

4 Likes

Unacceptable

3 Likes

It’s been a couple hours, did you get up and ride yet?

1 Like

Did some fishing touches to the box. Grinded down the plastic feet and some extra plastic that made contact with the deck when trying to Velcro it down, now it’s snug. Pretty soon :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Is just Velcro enough to hold something that chunky?