Total Evolve Mod in under 5 minutes

No, I don’t believe that was me

I don’t want to hear from you, because the last time I asked you about something you came back with a potty-mouthed, toxic & hurtful response out of nowhere, I’ve never had such toxic a toxic response especially to a message which was literally asking for your help on something.

1 Like

Asking @Brenternet to help you without trolling or sarcasm is like asking Santa to be real…you will eventually get butthurt.

4 Likes

Especially if he already has an option about you based on your fourm behavior/activity.

2 Likes

Yolo.

14 Likes

:rofl: I miss that avatar :cry:

3 Likes

I’d say this would be a concern for you safety freaks.

1 Like

I live in Tahiti, so my best bet is aliexpress. Thanks for the links. I have an x carve which I moded for rigidity and I upgraded the Z slider.
What machine do you have?

2 Likes

Nice I would like to get a bigger router. I see the workbee is a great machine for the value and they sell the same kit on Aliepress for really good price. It can get up to 1500x1500mm. That will probably be my choice when I get the space :grin:

For the moment I have a small router I started with, German brand, Stepcraft. Well refine mahcine, It did and does it’s job but you can get better for the money.
And a optimum BF20L milling retrofit to CNC. Same machine as PM25, Grizzly G0704. It’s a chinese model that most of the company rebranded. Upgraded to ball screws, power drawbar and all the stuffs to make it decently precise :blush:

1 Like

I saw that kit on aliexpress, the price is great. I wish I chose that one but I had to go through the xcarve to learn because I had zero experience with CNC before. And inventables had a deal for free international shipping for Black Friday a couple of years ago so I jumped on it.

I will have to look up that milling machine, how much did it cost you in total with upgrades and conversion?

Workbee actually is now used and resell it from an UK company “ooz” something so you find plenty of YouTube support ecc… Basically same as xcarve. To me up to know is the best kit money can buy. Plus the project is open source so you find the CAD online and can make your own upgrades since you have the actual CNC parts in your CAD software. It will be my choice for sure If I would have read more before buy the Stepcraft.

The mill as it is is around 5K Euro. but I got a really good German conversion kit with smoothstepper ecc… That costs more than the mill :blush:

The manual mill is around 1.8K $ on Alibaba. They have the CNC converted one for around 3K if I remember correctly with already everyting you need.

1 Like

Just a question on the serial connection @longhairedboy used, seems to be a single 10 or 12 awg wire. Dont the two cells that are connected get more usage like this, wouldnt it be better to do it like this?Unbenannt :

I know he knows his stuff, not trying to attack anyone, just asking out of curiosity :slight_smile:

Amazing video, really shows how much work goes ito a battery like that!!

1 Like

that would be better but also overkill for an evolve battery

3 Likes

i’m not really convinced that the inch and a half makes any real difference since the power coming on once side is not between the same cells ands the power going out the other side. The side by side series connections are cell to cell welds, but the wire jumps entewr between 1 and 2 and exit between 3 and 4 (so to speak) so the flow is kind of being forced across the entire group.

also the pack wouldn’t fit into the enclosure as well, and may become more prone to smooshing when the enclosure is screwed down.

3 Likes

This should be someone’s title… but whom?

Whiney vaginal clot!!! Jesus…that llama was ruthless

3 Likes

smooshing is a very serious and technical term that I invented for amusements.

2 Likes

That reply is still to this day one of the best retorts I have ever seen. I lost nearly a whole bud to my nasal passages when I read that the first time.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the great work, so helpful!

Are you using 10, 12 or 14 awg wire to link the pgroups? What about the main gauge?

Thanks again :wink:

Thatv ideo is a little old, i actually don’t build them exactly that way anymore. There i was using 14awg because the Evolve ESC only pulls maybe 45 amps at its worst and that run is only an inch long. Space was also a concern, so thinner guage was better for a number of reasons.

But now i use copper braid to save even more space and also allow higher current flow. I’ve switched to copper braid in all my packs for that reason.

1 Like