Torqueboards, why? WHY 😩? [POLL]

5 Likes

Man, I would take silver 6380’s 170kv over the 6374 170kv Maytech’s I’m getting from @370HSSV :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: But then again I’m getting a good price :wink:

3 Likes

Anybody tried removing the anodization w/ oven cleaner?

3 Likes

Its not the same, wont be shiny

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s not the same, but it could be worth a try. A lot of polishing goes a long way.

4 Likes

Yes! This is not mine actually, it’s @Sender 's
@akhlut makes the whole system you can buy. You can use it for anything really, not just children strollers but just a simple trailer with the same attachment for carrying, idk, beer? :wink:

2 Likes

Stupid question but what are the cans typically made of? Aluminum because magnets? Steel because cheap and sturdy?

I’m gonna guess steel before I google.

1 Like

my vote is definetly aluminium

The question wasn’t
Black and good quality control
Or
Silver and less quality control.
Plus you already said

So quality control isn’t a huge issues with these to begin with. his thread is about aesthetics. Some people like the board to preform and look good doing it.

4 Likes

I think the cans are typically steel and the endcaps are aluminum or steel.

Alu i think

2 Likes

SK3s are silver…
isn’t it time for another special order GB yet? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Sk3s run hotter than Tb motors Me no like it

4 Likes

I never tried TBs (are those maytech motors?) but I would trust that you know what you are talking about tho.

Have you ever killed SK3s?

2 Likes

I have not killed sk3s “they’re bulletproof” according to many here but they sure run a little hotter than maytech or other motors. Had a set of bkb 6374s on 2wd and took them off after just a couple of hundred miles “they would get hot and slowly throttle my ass down during climbs” I didn’t like them. But again. That’s was just me being a pansie and just going back to what I know works better for me :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I actually gotta agree with B-Dawg on this one.

Keep in mind 2 colors mean we all pay more for both and creates more of a warranty burden for replacement parts

10 Likes

So ditch the black? :new_moon_with_face:

11 Likes

Hahaha. Fuck it

4 Likes

Is there a significant difference between the 2 in terms of durability? I mean which one can withstands shocks better? Maybe I am wrong but aren’t the walls on the silver one thinner?

You didn’t vote, so stop talking economics :point_up:

But you right and I think it’s the main reason why we haven’t seen another run of silver 6380s.
Buuut on the other hand it’s also a question how the warrenty is managed. If the factory is in charge of warrenty it doesn’t need to directly make the product more expensive.
Idk how it’s handled by dexter, but he should be only the middle man in case magnets for example break and the factory would need to come up with a replacement.

1 Like